Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I have a PhD in chemistry with four years' postdoctoral research and a further 15 years of editing/proofreading experience, first in-house (4 years) with Wiley-VCH in Germany and since then on a freelance basis. I have been translating (ES>EN) for 12 years, specialising in chemistry, pharmaceuticals and medical research.
Recent translation projects:
• User manual for a chip for serotyping the 23 most common serotypes of Streptococcus pneumoniae.
• Performance-testing report and user manual for a DNA device for genotyping the allelic variants of 10 blood groups.
• “The use of Bromhexine for treating respiratory pathologies in veterinary medicine”.
• Clinical trial protocol: “xxxxx and xxxxx combination therapy for patients with active relapsing multiple sclerosis: A risk-benefit study”.
• Clinical trial protocol: “An open and randomised study of the efficacy and safety of xxxxx with respect to xxxxx in the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis”.
• xxxxx in head and neck cancer: International scientific information
2009 (to date): Approximate number of words translated: 400,000; manuscripts edited: 82. 2008: Approximate number of words translated: 420,000; manuscripts edited: 104; book chapters: 2; PhD theses: 1. 2007: Approximate number of words translated: 350,000; manuscripts edited: 165.
• Word and document processing: Microsoft Office 2003/2007, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Chemdraw, ScanSoft OmniPage Pro.
• CAT software: Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast Pro.
• Other resources: Websters 11th Collegiate, Oxford English Dictionary, Diccionario de la Real Academia Española de la Lengua, Gran Diccionario Oxford (Spanish–English), Spanish–English Medical Dictionary (Onyria Herrera McElroy and Lola Grubb).
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.