Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Bulgarian to English Czech to English French to German Slovak to English English to French English to German English to Spanish English to Slovak English to Bulgarian Lithuanian to English Polish to English
French to English (University of Sheffield) English (University of Sheffield) German to English (University of Sheffield) Dutch to English (University of Sheffield) Bulgarian to English (Bulgaria University - (Team Translation – Partne)
Across, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast
L o r n a
B l e a c h I have extensive professional, academic and commercial experience as well as undertaking PhD research. I can offer a professional, accurate, and fast service both to companies and individuals.
* In addition to my own language pairs, I work with a selected number of trusted colleagues throughout the world to ensure a large range of languages are catered for. Please contact me for details.
* BA (Hons) French & German * MA (Distinction) French Studies with Translation * Ph.D (completing part-time) French Studies; Language, Lit, Culture
I have wide-ranging translation experience including: – Legal: T&Cs; working & financial agreements; European Database on Asylum Law – Business & Financial: annual statements & accounts; articles; stock market – Marketing and PR: web and print copy; press releases; brochures; social media – Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions (MICE): sales docs; follow-up surveys; articles – Travel and Tourism: wide-ranging, in-depth experience - details upon request – Culture & Lifestyle: brochures & magazines; reviews; product descriptions – Museum & Exhibitions: display & presentation boards; audio scripts; guides & leaflets – Ecology & Environment: feasibility & site reports; articles; renewable energy; fossil fuels; flora & fauna; forestry; hunting; green housing – IT, Hardware & Software: articles; networks; hardware; games – Education: academic articles; pedagogy and educational instructional docs & lessons – Technical documents & manuals.
Editing and Proofreading:
This work has covered many areas, and numerous different styles, from websites to dissertations and publications; commercial reports and legal statements, to technical manuals and exhibition boards.
Localization & QA:
I have vast experience working on flagship localisation projects, both on a creative and technical level, from scripts and web games to technical specifications and instructions.
I've been a member of a transatlantic team responsible for a flagship project localizing digital US educational materials for the UK market.
Experience in: – Keywords; glossaries; dictionary definitions. – Identification of unsuitable images & sourcing of new ones. – Re-writing and adaptation of content.
–Digital publishing & app development –Gaming projects and games testing
Voiceover: [Please email for further details and voice samples.]
* Broadcast-quality Home Studio with professional equipment and editing software. * I can offer both male & female voices as my business partner is a male professional broadcaster and voice artist.
Wide-ranging experience includes: *extensive radio work; *adverts; *audio guides/tours; *training material; *narrative & audiobook material; *accent & character work. Copywiting:
I'm an experienced, published writer who works with a fellow copywriter and business partner. Together, we provide anything from sales letters and SEO blogs, to in-depth articles, reports, brochures and editorials.
Academic & ResearchXML Encoder, Translator & Research Assistant
• Translation of footnotes, articles, and practical relation pertaining to the project: French > English
• Responsible for creating and managing a new medieval research skills website.
• Specialist computer coding of manuscript transcriptions for web and print publication.
• Creation and implementation of annotated index for project.
• Collation and checking of final proofs for print publication.
• Freelance researcher - print, web & archive experience.
I also have a number of publications and conference papers to my name - please send me an email for further details of my lecturing and research experience in Higher Education.
Dept. of French, University of Sheffield.
• First and second year classes.
• Delivered in French and English, classes covered grammar, language work, comprehension, and Francophone culture.
Language Tutor, Sheffield Council & Chamber of Commerce
• Teaching adult learners ranging from pre–GCSE to A–Level standard.
• 100% of learners rated teaching quality as excellent.
• Design, planning and delivery of extensive classes on French culture and language skills.
I have experience in providing courses on research, study and presentation skills - please email me for further details.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.