Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I offer legal and financial translation from French, German and Russian into English. I have 10 years of experience translating for a wide range of well-established law firms, financial institutions, businesses and government agencies, typically involving the following:
• Preparation of English-language versions of pleadings and memoranda in international litigation and arbitration • Translation into English of documentation and audio recordings in investigations of cross-border financial crime, both public investigations and private intelligence • Translation of commercial contracts and other documentation for in-house counsel • Translation of asset management rules, annual financial statements, reports, corporate communications, presentations and other documentation • Translation of marketing content • Revision of texts to sound as if written by an English native speaker
Msc Finance and Financial Law, 2018-(2021), SOAS, University of London
M.A. Applied Translation Studies, 2006, London Metropolitan University
• Pass with Distinction
B.A. (Hons) Russian and French, 2005, University College London/School of Slavonic and East European Studies, University of London
• First-class honours with Distinction in Spoken Russian and Distinction in Spoken French
• Dean’s List Award for outstanding achievement in the Faculty of Arts, Languages and Humanities for the 2004–2005 academic session
• Violet Hall Prize in French for the 2004–2005 academic session
• UCL competitive studentship with Université du Québec à Montréal, autumn term, September 2003
• UCL Sessional Prize in Slavonic and East European Studies for the 2002–2003 academic session from the School of Slavonic and East European Studies
• UCL Sessional Prize in Slavonic and East European Studies for the 2001–2002 academic session from the School of Slavonic and East European Studies
Representative examples of experience
Dedicated Russian-to-English translator on retainer for a Silver Circle firm in a dispute where the pleaded damages exceeded US$1 billion.
Translations of pleadings from German into English for a Magic Circle firm in disputes regarding various cartels and an investor-state dispute in the energy sector.
Translations from German into English for an Am Law 100 law firm of a series of decisions of the Düsseldorf and Wiesbaden Administrative Courts and the Higher Administrative Court of Hesse in a matter regarding German gambling law and regulations.
Translation from German into English of Futura: the typeface, published in October 2017 by Laurence King. A book examining one of the most popular typefaces ever created, in celebration of its 90th anniversary. Includes essays written by renowned design writers Steven Heller, Erik Spiekermann and Christopher Burke. Edited by Petra Eisele, Professor of Design History and Design Theory at the University of Mainz; Dr Annette Ludwig, Director of the Gutenberg Museum and Isabel Naegele, Professor of Typography at the University of Mainz.