Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Spanish and English were important growing up: Spanish at home, and mostly English outside. I also attended some schools in Spanish. Later on in the workforce strong language skills were highly beneficial as most of my positions were communications-related and bilingual.
1. Lifestyle Editor (3yrs) National newspaper in Panama City, Panama (in Central America), heading up the lifestyle section. Notar: el periódico es completamente en español y durante un tiempo era la única encargada del contenido de la página.
2. Ghostwriting (6mo.) A financial services firm in Panama needed someone bring traffic to their website through their blog. Increased their traffic over 100%
3. Video Production, Creative Direction (6mo.) Coordinated green-screen filming and video editing production using outsourcers and film editing myself for a health insurance broker. Wrote script, subtitles and posted all of their videos on YouTube. Optimized their YouTube page (use of custom thumbnails, header, CC, subtitling, translations, etc.).
4. Quality Control & DTP (1yr) A major international products catalog that is printed in English and Spanish. I checked for accurate and natural translation that would fit within appropriate spacing given the images and space allotted for text. Products include: jewelry, makeup, home décor, appliances, beauty products, creams, hair care, etc.
5. Voiceover dubbing (6mo.) Short-term contract creating videos for the MSN website, took raw video, wrote script, recorded voiceover and created the montage (video editing).
6. Internal newsletter (10yrs) Translated from EN to ES and transferred into Adobe InDesign the HR internal newsletter for various hotels of a large hotel & resort chain.
1. Subeditor 3 years as an English-language (British) Sub-Editor for ESL writers at Ahram Online in Egypt for all sections:
Politics/International relations; Folk & Archaeology; Business; Arts & Culture; Lifestyle: Travel/Gastronomy/Fashion/Health
2. Copywriting and ghostwriting for marketing firms' clients (7mo.)
University, various e-commerce sites, jewelry
Increased traffic threefold for all of my steady clients.
3. Editing for subscription-based newspaper (6mo.) Edited ESL texts from journalists and experts on Christian communities in the Middle East.