Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am working as a freelance translator and reviewer for more than 15 years and have been employed for 7 years by Vistatec as an onsite/offsite linguist based in the offices of Google in Hamburg, carrying out linguistic reviews, translations and linguistic QAs of their products. I liaised directly with client language specialists, project managers, product specialists and marketing contacts to improve the quality for the locale and ensured the company's voice is accurately rendered for the market.
What I did and still do as an external linguist in the same role:
- Review and audit content translated by agencies (UI, Help, Marketing materials, Legal, etc.).
- Provide feedback and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
- Help ensure client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
- Maintain terminology in glossaries and TMs as required.
- Fix linguistic bugs.
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- File bugs and sending spreadsheets with detailed descriptions of problems along with screenshots.
- Audit and evaluate new reviewers/translators for the external team.
- Work as reviewer coordinator
Translate and review all kinds of marketing material and ensure the fulfilment of stylistic and idiomatic requirements.
Re-write texts to make them more attractive and easy to read.