Access Covid-19 jobs, answer relevant terminology questions, read industry news and more.


01:57 Feb 26, 2015
Japanese to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Computers: Hardware
Japanese term or phrase: 平台校正の色基準
In the context of a printing press. The most appropriate translation seems to be "flatbed proofing color standard", but is there a better term? I've also seen flatbed calibration used instead of "flatbed proofing", or color reference rather than "color standard", but I can't find anywhere in English where these two expressions have been used together, so I'm not sure how this would usually be expressed in the industry. Thank you.
Lara S

Summary of answers provided
4 +1Color calibration of the flatbed device
Remy Ib
Summary of reference entries provided



12 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
Color calibration of the flatbed device


Remy Ib
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:29
Native speaker of: Native in JapaneseJapanese

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Yasutomo Kanazawa
23 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Reference comments

25 mins
Reference: FYI

Reference information:

Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in JapaneseJapanese
PRO pts in category: 12
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search