Training Information Session

Join & MCIS Training Team's to learn more about MCIS Online Translator Training Program,'s Remote Interpreter Bootcamp, Spotlight Training and more. Discounts & Giveaways for attendees!

Click for Full Participation

boîte collectrice

08:20 Apr 19, 2013
French to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Mechanics / Mech Engineering / Heat exchangers
French term or phrase: boîte collectrice
Part of a heat exchanger that is used to collect and distribute a fluid (in particular for vehicle batteries).

This seems to have a different translation on every site I check. Does anyone with a good knowledge of the field know what the standard term is in English?

Thanks in advance.
Local time: 17:12

Summary of answers provided
5Collector box
Manoj Chauhan
3drainage system
Louis Gwiango
2collecting/ion manifold



12 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
collecting/ion manifold

A starter for discussions

Local time: 17:12
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 161
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

20 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
drainage system

I imagine the expression refers to the evacuation of waste

Louis Gwiango
Local time: 16:12
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in FrenchFrench
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search