Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Italian (University of Florence) Russian to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Spanish to Italian (University of Florence) English to Italian (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori) Italian to English (Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori)
Spanish to Italian (I.T.S. Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores, Sa) Russian to Italian (University of Florence) Italian to English (University of Leeds) Italian to Spanish (I.T.S Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores, Sal)
Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
A dedicated interpreter and translator with a record of delivering a professional service. Qualified with a first-class Master's degree in Conference Interpreting from the prestigious Advanced School for Interpreters and Translators of Trieste. Transcreation experience and good knowledge of translation memory and terminology management tools.
- Researching technical terms in specialist dictionaries and other on-line resources;
- Faithfully rendering the original meaning in another language;
- Liaising with clients to discuss terms and unclear parts.
Type of texts:
• Tourism: brochures, leaflets, promotional material, websites, information sheets
• Art/architecture: paper to be published in the proceedings of the 1st International Medieval Meeting Lleida 2011
• Geology and Environment: 40,000-word geological dossier, descriptions
• Interior design: furniture descriptions, room layout descriptions
• Legal: contracts, powers of attorney
• Business: estimates, logistics companies’ websites
- Simultaneous, consecutive and liaison interpreting in Italy, Spain and U.K. for different kinds of events;
- Ensured the successful communication between Italian and foreign interlocutors;
- Contributed to the organization of the visit in a professional and competent manner and assisted all the stakeholders during institutional lunches, dinner and company visits;
- Professionally coordinated a five-translator team, organizing the work load to be distributed, deadlines for the submission of glossaries, travel arrangements etc;
- Expanded my database of glossaries on various topics;
- Developed great team skills during the preparation to BtoB meetings (exchange of glossaries between colleagues, travel arrangements, work load distribution etc);
Type of events:
• B2B meetings organized by various Italian Chambers of Commerce (Home&Office Russia 2009, Wine&Food Russia 2010, North America agro-food workshop, Yacht in Med etc.)
• Press conferences (International Arts Festival of Castilla y Leon)
• Other initiatives (visit of European Geoparks Network evaluators to the Park of the Apuan Alps etc., consultation visit at Zhai clinic in London etc.)
Sept. 2011 – Dec. 2011: Trainee at the Press and Culture Office of the Consulate General of Italy in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Russian to Italian translation and transcreation of press releases (mainly about politics, culture and society) and newsletters;
- Russian to Italian translation of contracts and other business texts;
- Liaison with press offices and agencies
March 2011: First-class two-year Master Degree in Conference Interpreting (109/110)
Scuola di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori (SSLMIT), Trieste, Italy
December 2006: First-class degree in Modern Languages (110/110 lode)
Università degli Studi di Firenze (Florence), Italy.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
January 2012: Course in Eng > Ita Financial Translation (open-ended mutual funds and investment funds)
STL - Studio di Traduzioni Legali, Pisa
July 2011: Intensive summer course in Eng > Ita Audiovisual Translation (40 hours +)
Imperial College, London, United Kingdom.
July 2011: Webinars on Eng > Ita Medical Translation (5 hours)
European School of Translation.
May 2011: Intensive course in Spa <> Ita simultaneous Interpreting (80 hours).
Escuela para Intérpretes y Traductores (I.T.S.), Salamanca, Spain.
Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), Trados 2009.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.