WF Pro 5.8 How to insert best TM match automatically?
Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2019

I'm giving Wordfast Pro 5.8 a go and it is so much better than Wordfast Anywhere and more advanced than my trusty Wordfast Classic.
However, I have an issue that no amount of searching among user manuals and online videos has been able to resolve. Maybe one of you can help, please...?
How do I get the best TM match to drop automatically into the target? Unlike in Wf Classic and Wf Anywhere, I see no option for enabling this...
Many thanks for any help!

[Edited at 2019-01
... See more
I'm giving Wordfast Pro 5.8 a go and it is so much better than Wordfast Anywhere and more advanced than my trusty Wordfast Classic.
However, I have an issue that no amount of searching among user manuals and online videos has been able to resolve. Maybe one of you can help, please...?
How do I get the best TM match to drop automatically into the target? Unlike in Wf Classic and Wf Anywhere, I see no option for enabling this...
Many thanks for any help!

[Edited at 2019-01-25 15:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-01-25 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:45
Member (2006)
French to English
Allow all unedited Jan 25, 2019

Make sure this option is ticked: https://www.screencast.com/t/dVpcAM15Fdc

Best,
John

Comunican

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 25, 2019

John Di Rico wrote:

Make sure this option is ticked: https://www.screencast.com/t/dVpcAM15Fdc

Best,
John

Much appreciated John... it might be a good idea if Wordfast changed the wording of this option because it is pretty unintuitive! Much appreciate your help.

John Di Rico

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:45
English to French
+ ...
How about TM? Jan 25, 2019

John's solution is well and good for MT, but I can't find anything similar for TM hits.

It had never bothered me, because I don't like to have the target segment fill in automatically, but now I'm searching I can't find the equivalent of WfC's "Past top-rated segment from...".

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Couple more tweaks Jan 25, 2019

Jean Lachaud wrote:

It had never bothered me, because I don't like to have the target segment fill in automatically, but now I'm searching I can't find the equivalent of WfC's "Past top-rated segment from...".

Disable this: https://www.screencast.com/t/9eByKPd5

And make sure this is enabled: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZnJq4NKfi8Y7

Then use Leverage Next TU or Leverage Previous TU shortcuts to place the TU you want.

Hope this helps!
John

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:45
English to French
+ ...
Thanks, John Jan 25, 2019

John Di Rico wrote:

Disable this: https://www.screencast.com/t/9eByKPd5[/quote]

Very well, if you say so. An explanation in plain English of that option would be nice, though. What happens when it is left checked?

And make sure this is enabled: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZnJq4NKfi8Y7
Then use Leverage Next TU or Leverage Previous TU shortcuts to place the TU you want.

I had never even noticed the "More options" menu here. I don't know if it says something about me suffering from ADD, or about how the designers envision UI.

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Default settings Jan 25, 2019

Jean Lachaud wrote:

Very well, if you say so. An explanation in plain English of that option would be nice, though. What happens when it is left checked?

Then it does what you do not want. Leverage means it puts the highest match in the segment automatically.

I had never even noticed the "More options" menu here. I don't know if it says something about me suffering from ADD, or about how the designers envision UI.

The default options are set the way most people want them to be set. I don't think it's ADD; I imagine that 90% of users have probably never clicked on "More options" simply because they don't need to.

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Wordfast 5 11.2 - Leverage issues Oct 3, 2019

Hello,

I've looked into this thread as I'm having issues with leveraging.

Instead of leveraging the last segment committed, it leverages another previous segment which is a lower match.

I've checked both screencasts and they match my options.
And, in the TM lookup I get the most updated translation (and higher match), which means it is in the TM.

This is very annoying, as I need to delete the leveraged segment and get it from the TM Look
... See more
Hello,

I've looked into this thread as I'm having issues with leveraging.

Instead of leveraging the last segment committed, it leverages another previous segment which is a lower match.

I've checked both screencasts and they match my options.
And, in the TM lookup I get the most updated translation (and higher match), which means it is in the TM.

This is very annoying, as I need to delete the leveraged segment and get it from the TM Lookup.

Do you have any hints?

Best
Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro 5.8 How to insert best TM match automatically?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »