n_matatko
n_matatko
Austria
Local time: 19:22
English to German
+ ...
Jan 11, 2019

Hi!
I am working on an MTPE job for a client. The client supplied a txml with matches from the TM (high fuzzies, shown in yellow) and MT matches (shown in a brownish orange). Now every time I confirm a segment and jump to the next one (with the usual shortcut of Alt + down arrow), the TM overwrites the already visible MT match with a fuzzy from the TM. I already set the TM threshold for fuzzies to 40%, but WF still automatically changes the text to fuzzy matches as low as 59%. This is ham
... See more
Hi!
I am working on an MTPE job for a client. The client supplied a txml with matches from the TM (high fuzzies, shown in yellow) and MT matches (shown in a brownish orange). Now every time I confirm a segment and jump to the next one (with the usual shortcut of Alt + down arrow), the TM overwrites the already visible MT match with a fuzzy from the TM. I already set the TM threshold for fuzzies to 40%, but WF still automatically changes the text to fuzzy matches as low as 59%. This is hampering translation, because the TM is sometimes really outdated and the machine does a better job at translating. I'd prefer to work on the MT match. Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know how to fix this? I can Alt +Z the MT translation back into my segment, but that takes precious seconds in a really long file.

EDIT: Nevermind, after days of trying out various settings, I finally found out that my reasoning was wrong. Setting the fuzzy matches to 90% did the trick. Leaving this here in case someone else needs it.

[Edited at 2019-01-12 08:47 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF3: TM overwriting MT matches

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »