Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2016

Hello Collegues,
I've the latest version of WF PRO and I've been using for many years.

Now, I've seen there are other CAT tools which have an interesting feature, the assemply of fragments. It means they keep in mind previous translations and, if there are no fuzzy matches, the system translates it using previous translations and termbases.

Do you know if this feature will be present in next WF 4 ?

Thanks
Lucia

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:25
Finnish to French
"Assembly" limited to terminology Jan 16, 2016

Wordfast Pro 3 and 4 have a limited assembly feature, that only works with terminology. You can see it in my First steps with Wordfast Pro 4 video (it’s between 6:15 and 6:45).

Wordfast Pro 3/4 will not assemble from segments (or subsegments) from your TMs. If you are interested in such a feature, you should look at Déjà Vu, memoQ or CafeTran. Trados doesn’t do it either, btw.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:25
English to Arabic
Perform TM Lookup automatically Jan 29, 2016

Dear Lucia,

I believe you might be also already aware of the option "Perform TM Lookup automatically" at "Edit" menu > "Preferences" > "Translation Memory". Every time you move to a segment using either Ctrl+Down or the mouse, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

However, this does not insert or assemble results for you. You can select the result you like or just a part of it and press Alt+F12 to insert it into the ta
... See more
Dear Lucia,

I believe you might be also already aware of the option "Perform TM Lookup automatically" at "Edit" menu > "Preferences" > "Translation Memory". Every time you move to a segment using either Ctrl+Down or the mouse, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

However, this does not insert or assemble results for you. You can select the result you like or just a part of it and press Alt+F12 to insert it into the target cell (on some keyboards, pressing "Fn" might be required to make Functions keys work).

Warning: The option "Perform TM Lookup automatically" can slow down work with large Local TMs and any Remote TMs; so it is not recommended unless you really use it and know it works fine for you.

Kind regards,
Yasmin
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting feature Jan 29, 2016

Hello

I already use this function an I find it very useful. But this is not the same as the fragment assembly feature.

Anyway, I still think WF is the more translator-friendly assistant.
I hope next version WF4 will be very easy to use, as well.

Lucia

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No news about this feature? Sep 28, 2019

Other CATs have developed this feature becoming very useful when translating and pre-translating

Any news from Wordfast 5.11 ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assembly functionality in Wordfast PRO

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »