How to kill a kernel-level driver or service??
Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:35
English to German
+ ...
Oct 24, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I installed a bluetooth stack (Widcomm) and now I get the blue screen C000021a, cannot logon.... Status 0xc0000139. Nothing works (no last known good configuration, Repair installation, etc.)

I am sure that it comes from the Widcomm driver. I started the system with Bart's PE and deleted all btwxxx files in the inf and driver directory but nothing changed.

I figured out that it must be a kernel-level driver who causes this. But how can I d
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I installed a bluetooth stack (Widcomm) and now I get the blue screen C000021a, cannot logon.... Status 0xc0000139. Nothing works (no last known good configuration, Repair installation, etc.)

I am sure that it comes from the Widcomm driver. I started the system with Bart's PE and deleted all btwxxx files in the inf and driver directory but nothing changed.

I figured out that it must be a kernel-level driver who causes this. But how can I delete, deactivate or get rid of these drivers??

System Windows XP SP2 (on Mac with Boot camp 1.4)
installed Widcomm 5 with Belkin dongle

Thanks in advance for any hint

Noe

[Edited at 2007-10-24 10:01]

[Edited at 2007-10-24 22:12]
Collapse

Ángel Domínguez
Ángel Domínguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Possible solutions Oct 24, 2007

Perhaps that driver appears in the task manager (pressing CTRL+SHIFT+Esc or right clicking the task bar -> task manager), then going to the second tab (Processes? - in spanish it's called "procesos"). There you can try to find the offending application and terminate the task.

If it is something that is loaded when the system is started up, you can also check your startup items:
Start -> Run (or "execute", I'm not sure) -> type "msconfig.exe" -> hit Enter

then g
... See more
Perhaps that driver appears in the task manager (pressing CTRL+SHIFT+Esc or right clicking the task bar -> task manager), then going to the second tab (Processes? - in spanish it's called "procesos"). There you can try to find the offending application and terminate the task.

If it is something that is loaded when the system is started up, you can also check your startup items:
Start -> Run (or "execute", I'm not sure) -> type "msconfig.exe" -> hit Enter

then go to the last tab, and check if you're loading an application or driver related to your current problem.

Good luck and consider switching to the Mac! You work will be sweeter O:-)

ahe

Edit: from what you say, perhaps you will have to start XP in safe mode. To do that, keep F8 pressed when the computer is starting, then select Safe mode.

[Edited at 2007-10-24 11:56]
Collapse

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no safe mode Oct 24, 2007

Hello Ahe,

thank you for your answer, but I don't get into any mode (stop error: CS00021a). So I have to look for services in the command prompt CMD.

No I found out the name of the service BTWIns.
There are commands like: cs config service name start.

No success until now

Regards

Noe

[Edited at 2007-10-24 22:12]

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Use Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services Oct 24, 2007

Hi Noe,

Select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Then select the service in the list of services and right-click to change the properties. On the General tab, disable the service.

Olaf

Ángel Domínguez
Ángel Domínguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oops Oct 24, 2007

So you are actually using XP on a Mac; I don't think I am able to help, then... Still, Apple provided bluetooth drivers for XP so you should have been able to use the bluetooth device inside your Mac under XP thanks to the aforementioned drivers; no need to install third party devices or drivers.

If you cannot even use the F8 thing when XP is about to start (pressing it repeatedly) to have the startup menu displayed, then I am afraid I can't help you, sorry.

Regards,
... See more
So you are actually using XP on a Mac; I don't think I am able to help, then... Still, Apple provided bluetooth drivers for XP so you should have been able to use the bluetooth device inside your Mac under XP thanks to the aforementioned drivers; no need to install third party devices or drivers.

If you cannot even use the F8 thing when XP is about to start (pressing it repeatedly) to have the startup menu displayed, then I am afraid I can't help you, sorry.

Regards,

ahe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to kill a kernel-level driver or service??

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »