Carlos Alvarez
Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:22
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 10, 2007

When I switch my computer on I get a message saying that a Java update is available, and asking me if I want to download it (in fact my computer was bought in France and the message is in French). So far I have been ignoring it, I don't want to infect the computer with anything nasty, and my attitude has been "if it aint broke, don't fix it". So far I have not had any major problems with my computer. Am I doing the right thing by ignoring these messages?

Xiangdong Zhuo
Xiangdong Zhuo
China
Local time: 10:22
English to Chinese
That is all right Sep 11, 2007

Take on what you really need and let others go away.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Basically yes, Sep 11, 2007

"if it aint broke, don't fix it". But check your Java version. If it's old good 1.4, I'd strongly recommend upgrading to current 1.6, as ift offers performance improvement and better font rendering (at least).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java update, Windows XP

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »