Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen
Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:18
Dutch to French
+ ...
Jul 25, 2007

Hi everybody

One of the very useful shortcuts of Wordfast has recently, after an automatic update of XP, changed into something new and, to be honest, quite useless to me.

Normally I use Ctrl+Alt+Insert to copy the source segment format.

What I get now is a blue screen with : shut down the machine - change password - task manager - block the machine - close session - cancel

I'd rather have my Wordfast shortcut back, but I don't know where this
... See more
Hi everybody

One of the very useful shortcuts of Wordfast has recently, after an automatic update of XP, changed into something new and, to be honest, quite useless to me.

Normally I use Ctrl+Alt+Insert to copy the source segment format.

What I get now is a blue screen with : shut down the machine - change password - task manager - block the machine - close session - cancel

I'd rather have my Wordfast shortcut back, but I don't know where this can be done.

If someone could tell me where to enter into XP's shortcuts to desactivate this one, I'd be very grateful

Tks in advance
Elisabeth
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Are you sure that you didn't press CTRL+ALT+DEL? Jul 25, 2007

From what you describe it seems that you pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL, which opens the Windows Security dialog box.
Maybe your INS and DEL keys got stuck together.

Olaf

Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen
Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No .... its Ctrl+Alt+Insert Jul 26, 2007

Olaf wrote:

From what you describe it seems that you pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL, which opens the Windows Security dialog box.
Maybe your INS and DEL keys got stuck together.

Olaf

They can't get stuck together, my keyboard is only 4 weeks old. Also, the DEL key is beside ENTER and the INS key beside F12, so quite far away from each other. However, Ctrl+Alt+Del also opens the same window...

What I would like to know is if they can be changed, and where.

Tks Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP hijacked a Wordfast shortcut

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »