Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
File names too long
Thread poster: MandyT
irfan250501
irfan250501
Local time: 22:31
so what's happening Aug 23, 2011

So what's happening to that file? So if I write the "weasel" word to it, I can't open it. But without that word I can open it. So what happened that make if I write the weasel word then I can't open it?

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:31
English to Hungarian
+ ...
User error Aug 23, 2011

First of all, this is a translator's forum. We don't cover opening mp3 files unless they are somehow relevant for translation, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Second, I can say with a fairly high level of confidence that the problem is not what you think it is. Whether a file is C:\audio\weasel\where is the weasel.mp3 or C:\audio\weasel\where is the.mp3 makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to being able to open it. Maybe you were renaming it wrong, i.e. you left of the .mp3
... See more
First of all, this is a translator's forum. We don't cover opening mp3 files unless they are somehow relevant for translation, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Second, I can say with a fairly high level of confidence that the problem is not what you think it is. Whether a file is C:\audio\weasel\where is the weasel.mp3 or C:\audio\weasel\where is the.mp3 makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to being able to open it. Maybe you were renaming it wrong, i.e. you left of the .mp3 extension or wrote something after it etc. Or maybe there's something wrong with the program you're using to open the file. There are hundreds of possibilities, only one thing is sure: it's not the file name.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File names too long

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »