Suzan Chin
Suzan Chin
United States
Local time: 04:01
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2005

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if English Windows XP can work with InDesign ME (specifically Hebrew)?

I have the latest English version of WIndows XP installed on my computer and wanted to use InDesign ME (Middle Eastern version) to do Hebrew DTP. I downloaded and installed the 30 demo to try it out.

When I type the Hebrew characters in an InDesign ME document it does go from right to left as expected. However I notice it doesn't behave correctly when I do a
... See more
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if English Windows XP can work with InDesign ME (specifically Hebrew)?

I have the latest English version of WIndows XP installed on my computer and wanted to use InDesign ME (Middle Eastern version) to do Hebrew DTP. I downloaded and installed the 30 demo to try it out.

When I type the Hebrew characters in an InDesign ME document it does go from right to left as expected. However I notice it doesn't behave correctly when I do a soft returns (shift+return), the text doesn't
go down to the next line in a correct manner. It seems to push certain words or phrases in an incorrect order.

Also, when I try to set up tabs (via the Tab palette) to create bulleted text the indent markers are on the left side of the Tab
palette. Shouldn't the indent markers on the right side? Is there a way to change this?

Are there additional (Windows XP/Adobe) software that I need to install to make this work correctly?

I tried to get some answers from the vendor but they were not helpful. They would only provide support if I purchase the product.
One would think that they would be willing help with at least the initial setup to keep your interest in the product to eventually
purchase it.

Many thanks,
Suzan
Collapse

Ahmad Hassaballa
Ahmad Hassaballa  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:01
Member (2005)
German to Arabic
+ ...
Yes, it does work Sep 20, 2005

Hello Suzan,

Yes, Windlows XP works with InDesign ME. I've been using both for 3 years without major problems (2.0 and CS).

However, the ME Edition doesn't work as good as the universal one. You just have to go through the application to know any differences.

Kind regards,

Ahmad Hassaballa

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:01
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Adobe InDesign ME issues Sep 20, 2005

I've been corresponding with internal teams of Adobe (thanks to program manager contacts there) on the topic of InDesign ME for a couple months concerning InDesign CS International to Adonre InDesign ME version side-grade and upgrade issues and some bugs.
I now have the contact info for the development group and am planning to try and call them next week or the week after on these questions. I'll add the questions mentioned in this thread t
... See more
I've been corresponding with internal teams of Adobe (thanks to program manager contacts there) on the topic of InDesign ME for a couple months concerning InDesign CS International to Adonre InDesign ME version side-grade and upgrade issues and some bugs.
I now have the contact info for the development group and am planning to try and call them next week or the week after on these questions. I'll add the questions mentioned in this thread to my list.

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/about-jeffallen.htm
Collapse

Suzan Chin
Suzan Chin
United States
Local time: 04:01
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
InDesign ME and Windows XP Sep 21, 2005

Thank you,Ahmad and Jeff for your feedback.

Regards,
Suzan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign ME and Windows XP

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »