Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:23
French to Portuguese
+ ...
May 6, 2005

Hello everybody!

Yesterday I've made a windows updating and now I can't access my e-mail accounts, except for the one at Outlook Express.

I can't really tell you right now the name of the updating but there is a new item in my PC menu, which is a 4-colour round symbol (red, green, yellow and blue). It says something like "configurate access to programmes and pre-definitions".

Can anyone tell me what's up and how can I fix it and if it has to do with this up
... See more
Hello everybody!

Yesterday I've made a windows updating and now I can't access my e-mail accounts, except for the one at Outlook Express.

I can't really tell you right now the name of the updating but there is a new item in my PC menu, which is a 4-colour round symbol (red, green, yellow and blue). It says something like "configurate access to programmes and pre-definitions".

Can anyone tell me what's up and how can I fix it and if it has to do with this updating?

Many thanks in advance.
Ivana
Collapse

Oliver Giesser
Oliver Giesser  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:23
English to German
+ ...
DON'T May 6, 2005

The only thing I can tell you is what my computer wizard told me:

Don't ever make those Updates!

Kind regards

Oliver

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:23
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved May 6, 2005

It was a cookies problem.

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:23
German to English
+ ...
Windows firewall/security? May 6, 2005

If you've upgraded to SP2 or SP3 of Windows XP, you now have to deal with Windows' enhanced firewall/security protection (a.k.a. bolting the barn door after the horse is gone, but that's a different story). I haven't done so yet, so I can only suggest having a good read through MS Windows Help and MS online help. Having a degree in computer science or a helpful nerd friend is also a good idea.
Presumably some of the sites you want to visit don't pass the security test with the present conf
... See more
If you've upgraded to SP2 or SP3 of Windows XP, you now have to deal with Windows' enhanced firewall/security protection (a.k.a. bolting the barn door after the horse is gone, but that's a different story). I haven't done so yet, so I can only suggest having a good read through MS Windows Help and MS online help. Having a degree in computer science or a helpful nerd friend is also a good idea.
Presumably some of the sites you want to visit don't pass the security test with the present configuration settings.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't login in several sites after having made windows updating

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »