Thread poster: Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:33
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
May 5, 2005

I am downloading a very large video file ansd as I have only a 512 Kbps in the broad band this might last more than 50 hours...

My problem is the following : the file information says that the format of this Video is X Vid (but tbe insured that this file have nothing to do with some kind of blue moovie in spite of this format...)

Full extension of this file is " xvid.avi".

Now, I am wondering if when completing downloading (50 hours as a minimum...) I will
... See more
I am downloading a very large video file ansd as I have only a 512 Kbps in the broad band this might last more than 50 hours...

My problem is the following : the file information says that the format of this Video is X Vid (but tbe insured that this file have nothing to do with some kind of blue moovie in spite of this format...)

Full extension of this file is " xvid.avi".

Now, I am wondering if when completing downloading (50 hours as a minimum...) I will be able to read this file on "Windows Media 10".
Does this reader includes the appropriate "codec" enabling to read this file ? If not, pls kindly explain me how I could download this codec and include it in my "Windows media reader 10", taking into account that I am a true "nut" in compuing techniques.

Thanks in advance to all.
Collapse

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 05:33
English to Russian
+ ...
Just get a codec May 5, 2005

It should be somewhere on the net. Try googling for xvid codec. I've got mine long ago, so I don't remember wherem from. In case of divx look at www.divx.com.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Easy. May 6, 2005

XVid is a special codec.

Go to http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/ and download it. It will integrate into WMPlayer and you'll see your movie.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X Vid format

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »