Problems after migration to Windows 7
Thread poster: Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:26
English to Czech
Feb 28, 2012

So I finally made the move nad I am not happy at all. One important custom application from one client cannot be installed (I just hope the client will solve it).

And the other two main problems are:

1) Word does not work with Trados. I tried Word 2010 as well as 2007, checked the locations of trados8.dot and dotm., but no success. Word 2010 just does not work and 2007 displays an information about macros on start-up. I changed the macro settings, but without any effect
... See more
So I finally made the move nad I am not happy at all. One important custom application from one client cannot be installed (I just hope the client will solve it).

And the other two main problems are:

1) Word does not work with Trados. I tried Word 2010 as well as 2007, checked the locations of trados8.dot and dotm., but no success. Word 2010 just does not work and 2007 displays an information about macros on start-up. I changed the macro settings, but without any effect.

SO IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION (If there is any) I would be extremelly grateful.

2) Alt + 0132 does not work. This si rather language specific problem - Alt + 0132 are Czech quotation marks. Strangely enough, the combination works with Numlock off, but this is a problem in Trados, for instance, because Alt+end closes the segment, as you know. All other characters works normally (with Numlock on).

I use Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, MS Office is 32 bit.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
What OS and Office Versions are You Using? Feb 28, 2012

I assume you're using Windows 7 64-bit:

1) You need to copy Trados8.dotm into the Windows Startup folder User[UserName]AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Startup\ and if Trados8.dot is in that folder, delete it.

2) If you're using Word 2010 64-bit, no chance to get it running the template is 32-bit and not 64-bit - works ok with Windows 7 64-bit if you're using Word 2010 32-bit

3) Can't help you with your language combination

HTH,

Bernard... See more
I assume you're using Windows 7 64-bit:

1) You need to copy Trados8.dotm into the Windows Startup folder User[UserName]AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Startup\ and if Trados8.dot is in that folder, delete it.

2) If you're using Word 2010 64-bit, no chance to get it running the template is 32-bit and not 64-bit - works ok with Windows 7 64-bit if you're using Word 2010 32-bit

3) Can't help you with your language combination

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-02-28 20:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-02-28 21:52 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Indeed Feb 28, 2012

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Exactly.

3) ALT+0132 working fine on Win Home Pro 64-bit and MS Office 2007 (with NumLock ON). Have you installed any software recently that could be conflicting?

Alina - Maria Chiteala
Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:26
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Quotes problem Feb 29, 2012

Well I have this ALT +0132 problem for ages now. When using SDLX, Trados 2007 I have the Romanian quotes in a word file and just copy paste them. Also I cannot see the languages under SDLX.
Do you have any solution for that?
@Igor - sorry for posting this under your topic but in essence is the same problem

Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Word solved, but... Feb 29, 2012

As I wrote, I had trados8.dotm in AppData folder, but in subfolder Startup. Unfortunately, I have Czech Windows (was preinstalled) and the localization is weird and probably buggy. Because there is also folder "Po spuštění" (Startup in Czech - yes, there are both). So I copied the file there as well. Now Trados works, but: When I start Word, a dialog box prompting me to "insert a chip card" (?!) appears. When I click storno, it displays a message about some run time error. But then it works..... See more
As I wrote, I had trados8.dotm in AppData folder, but in subfolder Startup. Unfortunately, I have Czech Windows (was preinstalled) and the localization is weird and probably buggy. Because there is also folder "Po spuštění" (Startup in Czech - yes, there are both). So I copied the file there as well. Now Trados works, but: When I start Word, a dialog box prompting me to "insert a chip card" (?!) appears. When I click storno, it displays a message about some run time error. But then it works...

Still no solution for Alt + 132...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems after migration to Windows 7

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »