Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:44
Flemish to English
+ ...
May 6, 2011

Whenever I start my PC Microsoft Security Essentials does not want to start and turns itself off automatically. I've tried every advise I could find on the internet. To no avail.
System Restore does not work either. If I want to set my pc to a previous restore point, I get an error-message. Moreover, whenever I try to install an anti-virusprogramme, I get error- messages. Does anybody know a solution for these problems?

[Edited at 2011-05-06 10:43 GMT]

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
A resident virus May 6, 2011

First thing trojans and several virus that manage to get in you PC dodging the AV control, is to close down and collapse all already installed antivirus and prevent new installations.

You might already have a virus in your PC.
Just to be on the safe side. why don`t you do an online scan? CA, PANDA and others offer free online scans.
Microsoft used to have a very thorough, reliable and complete tool, the Windows Live Onecare that seems to have changed lately but you ma
... See more
First thing trojans and several virus that manage to get in you PC dodging the AV control, is to close down and collapse all already installed antivirus and prevent new installations.

You might already have a virus in your PC.
Just to be on the safe side. why don`t you do an online scan? CA, PANDA and others offer free online scans.
Microsoft used to have a very thorough, reliable and complete tool, the Windows Live Onecare that seems to have changed lately but you may try anyway just in case: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Good luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restore point and Microsoft Security Essentials problems

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »