Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

Hello

My main computer has gone bonkers and refuses to start
I get a big blue screen saying "Multiple IRP complete requests" and it asks me to go to F8 to open in Safe Mode
When I do that it does not have that Safe Mode but other options (Restore etc) all of which I have tried to no avail

I can not even go into Setup because the place where it says "Press Del to enter Setup" does not appear and it goes directly to the "For Additional Option Press F8"
<
... See more
Hello

My main computer has gone bonkers and refuses to start
I get a big blue screen saying "Multiple IRP complete requests" and it asks me to go to F8 to open in Safe Mode
When I do that it does not have that Safe Mode but other options (Restore etc) all of which I have tried to no avail

I can not even go into Setup because the place where it says "Press Del to enter Setup" does not appear and it goes directly to the "For Additional Option Press F8"

Anybody knows how I can enter Setup and what I have to do please?

Thank you very much

Mar
Collapse

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
boot disk Mar 20, 2004

1. Best option: do you have an emergency boot disc to use for just such an occasion?

2. Just a guess: Can you go to DOS (the black screen) and get a C:\ and then type "win" or "windows"

If I think of anything else to offer, I'm not expert, I'll send it along. Don't panic, someone should be able to get you going again.

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:40
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
What have you changed last? Mar 20, 2004

Maybe it's too obvious,
but what have you changed since the last time everything worked OK?

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved :-))). Mar 21, 2004

Hello again,

Thank you very much... It turns out that you have to boot the system from the CD (you press Del or "Supr", in Spanish to enter BIOS and then set the computer to boot from there), and you have to put Windows 2000 installation disk. Once there, there is a repair option.

For the thing to go well, you need to have the Emergency Repair Disk (which I didn't have), or, alternatively, you choose the option to repair the system from the console, which takes you to
... See more
Hello again,

Thank you very much... It turns out that you have to boot the system from the CD (you press Del or "Supr", in Spanish to enter BIOS and then set the computer to boot from there), and you have to put Windows 2000 installation disk. Once there, there is a repair option.

For the thing to go well, you need to have the Emergency Repair Disk (which I didn't have), or, alternatively, you choose the option to repair the system from the console, which takes you to MS-DOS and there you type CHKDSK /P or /R... that checks your hard drive and, after prompting, checked and repaired something which had not been noticed before... Now I have my Emergency Repair Disk and my computer is back on... hopefully for a loooooong time).

Good luck,

Mar
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error starting Windows 2000 Prof

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »