Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
English to French
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Hi!

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows Live Mail. All my emails transferred to the new layout... and I have been getting used to it since.

However, I was travelling today and cannot for the life of me get to the settings/parameters/properties in Live mail. I want to change my smtp settings, as I usually do when I work from a different place, so I can send my emails from a different smtp, wherever I am...

In my Live Mail menu, when I click
... See more
Hi!

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows Live Mail. All my emails transferred to the new layout... and I have been getting used to it since.

However, I was travelling today and cannot for the life of me get to the settings/parameters/properties in Live mail. I want to change my smtp settings, as I usually do when I work from a different place, so I can send my emails from a different smtp, wherever I am...

In my Live Mail menu, when I click on the Accounts tab, I have 3 buttons available : email (which seems to be the one I would use to set up a new email address from scratch), Newsgroups (not sure how to use that but don't care either) and finally Properties....which is the one I would like to access but the only one that doesn't respond when I click on it...absolutely nothing happens, no window opens...and I cannot access the properties to change my smtp settings....

Does anyone know why/can anyone help? I know I can use an Internet based email account but I would rather be able to send mails by hitting the reply button in my email. Also, if I can avoid it, I would rather not have to set up the emails from scratch. My OS is Vista. And all my email accounts seem to have been working absolutely fine (sending/receiving etc.) without extra manual input since I upgraded to this new Live Mail version...until today and apart from this problem accessing properties and trying to change email accounts settings...
Many thanks in anticipation,
Corinne

[Edited at 2011-01-18 21:34 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:13
English to Thai
+ ...
My Windows Live Mail Jan 19, 2011

I lost my My Windows Live Mail account due to hacker events recently. My mail was suspended by Hotmail and I wrote then to reactivate with no avail. I suggest you not to keep valuable information in your My Windows Live Mail to prevent troubles.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem sorted Jan 19, 2011

Hi,
Although this button still doesn't respond in my Windows Live Mail for some reason, I have found another way to access the properties menu under main drop down menu, Options.
Thanks for your time!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows live mail - Properties button seems to be disabled

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »