Thread poster: dieter haake
dieter haake
dieter haake  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 11:23
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 13, 2003

is there anybody to help me with my printer hp laserjet 6L under windows XP Prof?

with windows 98 there was no problem, but with XP it doesn't work
(or if it works, printing 2 or 3 pages, it's very, very slow)

anybody experiences with this combination?

Thank you for any suggestion.

didi

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Download a dedicated Windows XP driver from HP Dec 13, 2003

You can do this here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=14974&taskId=135&lang=en&cc=us&locale=en_US&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25476&swEnvOID=228

Select the proper printer modell and your OS. You can brows
... See more
You can do this here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=14974&taskId=135&lang=en&cc=us&locale=en_US&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25476&swEnvOID=228

Select the proper printer modell and your OS. You can browse for other languages too.
Use PCL instead of PS, as HP printers are not the best Postscrtipt interpretes in this price category.
But you cannot expect HP 6L to be a racer. AFAIK 6 ppm is the max what this device can deliver. And this is slow anyway.
If ypur printer is still slow, check the printer settings in your OS, ie. the memory amount assigned, the art the data will be send to the printer and so on. Ask Windows trouble shooter, this can be a good help too.

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Exactly the same problem here Dec 13, 2003

I have exactly the same problem here. I installed XP about 5 weeks ago, and since that time my LaserJet 6L is dead. I have not tried what Jerzy suggested above, it will be really my last hope.
I tried all steps proposed in Troubleshooter, but all in vain.

My biggest headache is that I cannot use Deja Vu, as it uses a parallel dongle, attached to the LPT1 port and it is only funtional if the printer attached to it is working properly.

Now I will carry out Jerzy's
... See more
I have exactly the same problem here. I installed XP about 5 weeks ago, and since that time my LaserJet 6L is dead. I have not tried what Jerzy suggested above, it will be really my last hope.
I tried all steps proposed in Troubleshooter, but all in vain.

My biggest headache is that I cannot use Deja Vu, as it uses a parallel dongle, attached to the LPT1 port and it is only funtional if the printer attached to it is working properly.

Now I will carry out Jerzy's suggestions.
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 12:23
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I use 6L Dec 13, 2003

for ages, and trouble was to install under Win2K (four installation diskettes).

No trouble with HP pro whatsoever, finds and installs automatically.
Maybe try- either to remove the printer and reinstall it (in control panel-printers delete it and then restart Windows. The rest should take care of itself). Of course, Plug&Play should be enabled.

Or- check spooling options- Control panel printers-right click on your printer- properties- advanced.
... See more
for ages, and trouble was to install under Win2K (four installation diskettes).

No trouble with HP pro whatsoever, finds and installs automatically.
Maybe try- either to remove the printer and reinstall it (in control panel-printers delete it and then restart Windows. The rest should take care of itself). Of course, Plug&Play should be enabled.

Or- check spooling options- Control panel printers-right click on your printer- properties- advanced.

Also, if you are printing from Illustrator, be sure to uncheck the checkbox in the left lower corner of Print window (Bitmap printing).

Regards, Uldis

[Edited at 2003-12-13 21:31]
Collapse

Mykhailo Kolaichuk
Mykhailo Kolaichuk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:23
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
the same here Dec 15, 2003

dieter haake wrote:

is there anybody to help me with my printer hp laserjet 6L under windows XP Prof?

with windows 98 there was no problem, but with XP it doesn\'t work
(or if it works, printing 2 or 3 pages, it\'s very, very slow)

didi

I can only say that I experience the same problem but have not looked for possible solutions yet.

dmoorthi
dmoorthi
English
I have the same problem-Any answers? Jan 2, 2004

I just upgraded to XP Professional. And my laserjet 6L is not working any more. When I try to print the LEDs [lights] flash briefly but no print.

My computer did not recognize the rpinter as plug and pla, I had manually install the printer. The printer functionsok for self test page, but does not print from the computer. I have 250 MB memory in the computer and the printer has 8 MB memory, so possibly it is not due to memory issues.

My computer is DELL 8100, 1.3 Ghz com
... See more
I just upgraded to XP Professional. And my laserjet 6L is not working any more. When I try to print the LEDs [lights] flash briefly but no print.

My computer did not recognize the rpinter as plug and pla, I had manually install the printer. The printer functionsok for self test page, but does not print from the computer. I have 250 MB memory in the computer and the printer has 8 MB memory, so possibly it is not due to memory issues.

My computer is DELL 8100, 1.3 Ghz computer. Any help and how you solved your problems is appreciated.

D Moorthi.
Collapse

dieter haake
dieter haake  Identity Verified
Austria
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I downloaded the new XP drivers ... Jan 2, 2004

(thank you, Jerzy)

and all is working fine -
no more problems.

didi

hardyards
hardyards
Australia
Local time: 21:23
English
HP laserjet 6l problem Jan 14, 2004

I also have an Inspiron 8100 and couldn't print with the 6L. After going through the troubleshooter I uninstalled the LPT1 port and on rebooting intalled the 6L driver from the list manually ie the HP Laserjet 6L (XP) one instead of the download one as detailed above. I don't think it is a Inspiron problem however as I had the same problem with my workstation and a Laserjet 6L.

dmoorthi wrote:

My computer is DELL 8100, 1.3 Ghz computer. Any help and how you solved your problems is appreciated.

D Moorthi.

AhmadAzzou
AhmadAzzou
English
6L Mar 8, 2004

dieter haake wrote:

with windows 98 there was no problem, but with XP it doesn\'t work
(or if it works, printing 2 or 3 pages, it\'s very, very slow)

didi

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
???? Mar 8, 2004

AhmadAzzou wrote:

What did you wish to say?
If you want to create a new post, press reply, not reply with quote.

Thank you.
Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

windows XP Prof and HP laserjet 6L

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »