Date ordering of folders
Thread poster: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:47
Italian to English
Jan 13, 2010

I am using Office 2000 with Windows XP (though due to change to Office 2007 with Windows 7 this weekend).

My saved translations are stored in a My Documents folder, using the "Modified" option, which keeps them roughly in date order. Until today, these were separated into sections, headed "This month, Last month, Last year etc. with a line between each.

Yesterday, I changed the name of the folder in preparation for transfer to my new computer and all this segmentation
... See more
I am using Office 2000 with Windows XP (though due to change to Office 2007 with Windows 7 this weekend).

My saved translations are stored in a My Documents folder, using the "Modified" option, which keeps them roughly in date order. Until today, these were separated into sections, headed "This month, Last month, Last year etc. with a line between each.

Yesterday, I changed the name of the folder in preparation for transfer to my new computer and all this segmentation has disappeared.
I have searched for a way to restore this but have drawn a blank.

Can anyone help please?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Russell Jan 13, 2010

I am afraid, I don't understand. Are you speaking about Windows Explorer?

Russell Jones
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Found it Jan 13, 2010

Thanks Natalie

Windows Explorer, yes. It's in View / Arrange Icons by / Sort in Groups.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Russell

trad500
trad500
English to French
Vista Jan 13, 2010

I used to love that function, but never found it on Vista...
Anyone knows whether it is still available?

Russell Jones
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 7 Jan 24, 2010

Hi Marie

This function is available in Windows 7 but, as far as I can see, only for files within a folder, not for sub-folders as in XP.

It's better than nothing though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Date ordering of folders

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »