Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:11
English to German
+ ...
Oct 7, 2009

Dear colleagues,

yesterday I had a blue screen and I could just note that it was about mouclass.sys. After the Vista didn't really want to restart. On "safe boot" it stopped for long time after the driver crc***.sys (don't remember exactly). Finally after running chkdsk (automatically) Windows reappeared.

But now it's freezing from time to time. Not all the programs at once but sometimes just Outlook and Firefox, then MemoQ and another one. The mouse cursor normally sti
... See more
Dear colleagues,

yesterday I had a blue screen and I could just note that it was about mouclass.sys. After the Vista didn't really want to restart. On "safe boot" it stopped for long time after the driver crc***.sys (don't remember exactly). Finally after running chkdsk (automatically) Windows reappeared.

But now it's freezing from time to time. Not all the programs at once but sometimes just Outlook and Firefox, then MemoQ and another one. The mouse cursor normally still works. It doesn't seem to be linked to the CPU usage which is quite low when it happens. I tried to uninstall the mouse but it didn't help.

How to find out what makes Vista freeze?

Thanks in advance for any hint

Noe
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:11
French to Polish
+ ...
Not mouse related... HDD error... Oct 7, 2009

Noe Tessmann wrote:

But now it's freezing from time to time. Not all the programs at once but sometimes just Outlook and Firefox, then MemoQ and another one. The mouse cursor normally still works. It doesn't seem to be linked to the CPU usage which is quite low when it happens. I tried to uninstall the mouse but it didn't help.

It's not a mouse problem.
The mouse related driver was the last successfully loaded one.

The "I don't remember exactly" one was crcdisk.sys.
You have problems with your hard drive.
Some serious error occured when writing files on your HDD.
The worse possibility is your HDD is dying.
Backup your files.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vista freezing after blue screen mouclass.sys

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »