Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 22, 2009

Friends,

I'm back and still tearing my hair out about Vista. I was able to use the Easy Transfer program with a USB drive to copy files but it turns out that NO programs copied over.

Is there any way that I migrate my Mozilla Thunderbird folder so that all my old messages will still be accessible (and addresses, too!).

Similarly, just last year I bought two Cepstral voices, and I wish I could migrate them, too. But I can't even find a "programs" folder on
... See more
Friends,

I'm back and still tearing my hair out about Vista. I was able to use the Easy Transfer program with a USB drive to copy files but it turns out that NO programs copied over.

Is there any way that I migrate my Mozilla Thunderbird folder so that all my old messages will still be accessible (and addresses, too!).

Similarly, just last year I bought two Cepstral voices, and I wish I could migrate them, too. But I can't even find a "programs" folder on Vista.

Thanks,
Patricia
Collapse

Alex Khanin
Alex Khanin  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Russian
+ ...
Mozbackup Jul 22, 2009

Check out this page

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup

They recommend mozbackup: http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Hope it'll help.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:34
Spanish
+ ...
MozBackup Jul 22, 2009

MozBackup works great, but you can also copy your settings folder (from c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxx) and paste the files in the folder (NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF) in your new profile. I do both, MozBackup and copying the files.

Edit: Nevermind, that location. I think in XP it's C:\Application Data\Thunderbird....

[Edited at 2009-07-22 21:11 GMT]

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
thank you both! Jul 22, 2009

What would I do without these forums!

You're help is greatly appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vista: How to transfer email information from Mozilla running in XP

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »