Thread poster: Reed James
Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 08:34
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Jun 23, 2009

Hi. I have a laptop with Internet Explorer 7. About a week ago, IE7 stopped connecting to web pages. I tried installing Opera and testing it, but the same thing happened. However, I have no problem connecting to the Internet via Tweetdeck. I thought the problem could be my router, but I went to an Internet cafe and the same thing happened. Any ideas? I am truly stumped. TIA

Maxim Manzhosin
Maxim Manzhosin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:34
English to Russian
Check your proxy settings and BHO Jun 23, 2009

Malware (and even legitimate software) can modify your network settings without asking you.

Try to check the following: Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN Settings and Tools > Internet options > Programs > Manage addons.

If you see something suspicious, delete it. If this doesn't help, try reverting to default settings: Tools > Internet options > Advanced > Reset.

HTH

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jun 23, 2009

Hi Maxim. Thanks for your answer, but I tried both solutions and they didn't work.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
English to Spanish
System Restore Jun 23, 2009

Hi,

If you have System Restore activated, you can try the System Restore tool and return your computer to a previous state. In many cases it is possible to solve these kind of problems with this tool.

Here are the instructions to restore the system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Hope it helps.

Ugene
Ugene
Local time: 15:34
English to Russian
+ ...
You can also try... Jun 23, 2009

to visit M$ support. "You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196/en-us.

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Restore did the trick! Jun 23, 2009

Rodrigo Castillo Huerta wrote:

Hi,

If you have System Restore activated, you can try the System Restore tool and return your computer to a previous state. In many cases it is possible to solve these kind of problems with this tool.

Here are the instructions to restore the system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Hope it helps.

Thanks Rodrigo! It worked instantly. I am once again wireless.

Reed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wireless IE7 connection stopped working suddenly

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »