Can we delete .msi Pack.Windows Installer files? (Vista)
Thread poster: veratek
veratek
veratek
Brazil
Local time: 06:08
French to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2008

Hi, I would like to clean up my hard disk as much as possible. I noticed I have a lot of these .msi files - of type Package Windows Installer. Can I simply delete them? Anything else I can get rid of?

I'm running Vista, version 6 Service Pack1.

Thanks,
Vera

Peter Erfurt
Peter Erfurt  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:08
English to Danish
+ ...
Safe to delete Sep 27, 2008

Hi Vera,

yes, it's safe to delete the .msi files, once you have installed them.

But a thing you could/should do is to burn them to a CD before you delete them. That way you will always have a copu, if you need to re-install the application.

Kind regards

Peter in Denmark

Victor Duran (X)
Victor Duran (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do not do that. Sep 28, 2008

Vera:

I suggest you to clean your hard drive by using a fast, secure and free program called CCleaner. It is much safer than deleting files you do not know whether they have a function on the OS or the applications. One thing that usually happens when you delete .msi files is you are not going to be able to uninstall the program which that file belongs. I never recommend you to delete files manually. At some point you'll regret.
You may want to make a donation to CCleaner if
... See more
Vera:

I suggest you to clean your hard drive by using a fast, secure and free program called CCleaner. It is much safer than deleting files you do not know whether they have a function on the OS or the applications. One thing that usually happens when you delete .msi files is you are not going to be able to uninstall the program which that file belongs. I never recommend you to delete files manually. At some point you'll regret.
You may want to make a donation to CCleaner if you find it useful.
Download CCleaner at www.filehippo.com.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we delete .msi Pack.Windows Installer files? (Vista)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »