Ashar
Ashar  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Local time: 02:27
English to Urdu
+ ...
Feb 8, 2007

Hello,

It gives me real pleasure to see that ultimately a forum on Urdu has started working on Proz.com. I hope all related issues of translation and Urdu language will be posted and discussed on this forum.

I am thankful to Proz for making this dream into reality.

Cheers,
Ashar

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
ایک انتہائی تعمیری اقدام Feb 23, 2007

جس کے لئے ہم اردو کے چاہنے والے ایک طویل عرصے سے منتظر تھے۔ اب توقع ہے کہ دنیا بھر اردو دان خواتین و حضرات اس فائدہ اٹھاتے ہوئے یہاں پر اپنی نگارشات ارسال فرما کر ان سے لُطف اندوز ہونے کا موقع فراہم کریں گے۔ یہ ایک بہت اچھی جگہ ہے جہاں پر رُوئے زمین کے کونے کونے سے مترجمین تشری�... See more
جس کے لئے ہم اردو کے چاہنے والے ایک طویل عرصے سے منتظر تھے۔ اب توقع ہے کہ دنیا بھر اردو دان خواتین و حضرات اس فائدہ اٹھاتے ہوئے یہاں پر اپنی نگارشات ارسال فرما کر ان سے لُطف اندوز ہونے کا موقع فراہم کریں گے۔ یہ ایک بہت اچھی جگہ ہے جہاں پر رُوئے زمین کے کونے کونے سے مترجمین تشریف لاتے ہیں اور اس سائٹ کی سحر طرازیوں سے مستفید ہوتے ہیں۔۔۔۔۔۔

آپ سے التماس ہے کہ کہیں اس فورم کا حشر بھی کیانی بھائی کے ایک ہم عصر سائٹ پرآغاز کردہ فورم جیسانہ ہو جہاں شروع میں چند پوسٹیں دیکھنے کو ملیں اس کے بعد آج تک خاموشی ہے ۔
Collapse

Ashar
Ashar  Identity Verified
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome Feb 23, 2007

Dear Abu Riaz Sahib,

It is heartening to see that people have started using the Urdu forum. Urdu forum has just been created. I think it was high time that Urdu should have its own forum to discuss the industry related issues.

You are right Riaz Sahib about forums on other places but I think Urdu forum at Proz.com should be different in all respects. Proz.com is the most visited place by translator commu
... See more
Dear Abu Riaz Sahib,

It is heartening to see that people have started using the Urdu forum. Urdu forum has just been created. I think it was high time that Urdu should have its own forum to discuss the industry related issues.

You are right Riaz Sahib about forums on other places but I think Urdu forum at Proz.com should be different in all respects. Proz.com is the most visited place by translator community with a forward looking agenda. Besides, unlike other places where you just post topics randomly in general forums, at Proz.com a separate forum has been created.

I hope we can also discuss technical and computing related issues of Urdu here.

I hope best for the future.

Sincerely,
Ashar
Collapse

Shoukat Mohammed
Shoukat Mohammed  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Urdu to English
+ ...
Urdu Software Feb 24, 2007

Dear Brothers
I was impressed with your level of qualification and experince, i am a interpreter/ translator mainly working in Courts and Police. I have also worked as a consultant for the Chartered Institute of Linguist, this is a body responsible for examing and qualifying interpreters/ translators.
my question is that i am not sure which software i should be using when translating into urdu. pls suggest me a translation software which is compatible with word for windows. many tha
... See more
Dear Brothers
I was impressed with your level of qualification and experince, i am a interpreter/ translator mainly working in Courts and Police. I have also worked as a consultant for the Chartered Institute of Linguist, this is a body responsible for examing and qualifying interpreters/ translators.
my question is that i am not sure which software i should be using when translating into urdu. pls suggest me a translation software which is compatible with word for windows. many thanks gentlema have a great day.

shoukat mohammed
Collapse

Ashar
Ashar  Identity Verified
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Software Feb 24, 2007

Dear Shaukat Sahib,

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry I am unable to guide you about software as I don't use translation memory tools. But I hear from others that Trados can be used comfortably with Unicode Urdu. Regarding typesetting things, I use only MS Word. I stopped using Urdu Inpage three years ago.

Cheers,
Ashar

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
Translation Software Feb 24, 2007

Welcome Mr Shoukat, I am glad to see you on our budding Forum.

Kiani Sahib has rightly written and I have also the same opinion that the TM Softwares have not gained the required popularity among the Urdu translators and, as far as I can guess, most of us are working quite efficiently without them. Majority of the clients also appear to be happy with this state of affairs.

But if you are enquiring about a software which can help you in actually translating the English t
... See more
Welcome Mr Shoukat, I am glad to see you on our budding Forum.

Kiani Sahib has rightly written and I have also the same opinion that the TM Softwares have not gained the required popularity among the Urdu translators and, as far as I can guess, most of us are working quite efficiently without them. Majority of the clients also appear to be happy with this state of affairs.

But if you are enquiring about a software which can help you in actually translating the English text, I can say that if there is any, I have not come across such software until now. The Urdu community is invited to comment, please.

There are of course, some dictionaries available online but I am much disappointed from them too, when those are unable to meet my query.

Regards,
Collapse

BABANA
BABANA
Urdu to English
Brother Jee...I Need Some Help! Nov 3, 2007

السلامُ علیکُم! بھائی جان!
میں انگریزی بول چال سیکھنا چاھتی ھوں
مجھے عنقریب، اپنی ممٌی کے پاس امریکہ
جانا ھے اور وھاں سکول کا آغاز کرنا ھے
کیا آپ میری سپوکن انگلش میں مدد کرسکتے
ھیں؟ شکریہ، اللہ حافظ

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
English to Urdu
+ ...
This is not very difficult. Nov 3, 2007

I am pleased to see your post in our forum which has been nicely typed in Urdu and shows your expertise in this field.

I am also happy and congratulate you on joining your mother in US and hope that you may find the new country to be a place of fresh challenges and achievements in your life.

I regret to express my inability in teaching spoken English online because, being a translator, I don't have any experience in teaching field. I don't know which city you belong to,
... See more
I am pleased to see your post in our forum which has been nicely typed in Urdu and shows your expertise in this field.

I am also happy and congratulate you on joining your mother in US and hope that you may find the new country to be a place of fresh challenges and achievements in your life.

I regret to express my inability in teaching spoken English online because, being a translator, I don't have any experience in teaching field. I don't know which city you belong to, but know that there are numerous institutions in every big city now where you can easily improve your English within a few months. Please try to speak in English whenever and where ever you have a chance to do so. This will reduce your hesitation and build confidence in you. Believe me, if you are determined, regular and have a firm dedication, improving your spoken English is not much difficult.

All the best !!
Collapse

BABANA
BABANA
Urdu to English
Thanks Brother Jee Nov 7, 2007

Assalam o Alaikum,

Thanks so much that you like my Urdu Typing.
Your Suggestion is absolutely nice, But I am
living in a little Town, before that I lived in
Lahore with my step Mom, and at the moment
I am with my Father.

I,ll Try to find a Teacher, who can learn me Spoken
English. I'm Realy ThankFull to You, Brother Jee! for
Reply and Suggestion.

ALLAH Bless You.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Welcome to Urdu forum for Urdu Language Issues and Problems

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »