https://www.proz.com/forum/urdu/228460-turkish_to_urdu_translation.html&phpv_redirected=1

Turkish to Urdu Translation
Thread poster: abufaraz
abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
Local time: 01:45
English to Urdu
+ ...
Jul 6, 2012

Hello all,

The correct meanings of this proverb is clear to me now:

زبان یار من ترکی و من ترکی نمی دانم

I have just received a mail from a renowned translation agency of UK seeking Turkish to Urdu translators and I am sure many of my colleagues also must have received the same and they must be thinking like me as to why they didn't learn Turkish. This is a proof that:

(1) The future of translators is not so dark as i
... See more
Hello all,

The correct meanings of this proverb is clear to me now:

زبان یار من ترکی و من ترکی نمی دانم

I have just received a mail from a renowned translation agency of UK seeking Turkish to Urdu translators and I am sure many of my colleagues also must have received the same and they must be thinking like me as to why they didn't learn Turkish. This is a proof that:

(1) The future of translators is not so dark as is being mentioned everywhere.
(2) We should try to learn more than two source and target languages.

Here is the mail for you to read and take advantage if anyone knows Turkish.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Urdu Translator,

We have a very interesting, long term Turkish into Urdu translation project and we are contacting you to see whether
- you are a native Urdu speaker that can do written translation from Turkish
- or you know a friend and/or relative that is a native Urdu speaker that can do written translation from Turkish

Pearl Linguistics is one of the largest translation companies in the UK and Northern Europe. For more information please visit http://www.pearllinguistics.com/

Let me give you a little information about the project and list our exact requirements.

Title: Exciting Project, TV Archives, Non-technical, Turkish – Urdu, 3000 words a day for each translator every day for 12 months or more

We are after an on-going collaboration for Urdu native speaker translators who will translate from Turkish into Urdu or companies who can offer this service through their own sources.

13 million words (or more) of TV achieve will be translated from Turkish into Urdu within 12 months with a team of 8 to 10 native Urdu speaking translators.

This will mean each translator will be busy everyday throughout the year and will be expected to work for Pearl Linguistics only for the duration of 12 months. Each translator will be expected to complete 3000-4000 words daily. The scripts will be in non-technical nature and will vary between anything from Soap Operas to Children’s programmes. A service agreement will be signed with each translator or agency. An unpaid test translation may be required but will not be more than 300 words. Due to extremely large volume of the job and long-term (at least 12 months, every day) nature of it, translators will be paid a reduced rate of £25 or €30 or $38 per 1000 words. A translator who works for Pearl every working day for 12 months has the potential of earning $40,000 at the end of the year.

We look forward to your immediate applications. The team selection starts within few days. Please do not apply if you cannot translate DIRECTLY from Turkish into Urdu.

To apply, please:

- send your CV to [email protected]
- state in your email where you are based i.e. Pakistan, Turkey, US etc..?
- state in your email that you are a Pakistani native Urdu speaker
- state in your email that you happy to go through an unpaid test translation
- state in your email that you are happy with the payment structure of £25 or €30 or $38 per 1000 words
- state in your email that you can translate 3000 words a day
- state in your email that you have the necessary computer equipment, internet connection and Unicode Urdu fonts to work with us.

OUR PROJECT IS IMMINENT; THEREFORE, WE WISH TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ms Zeynep Demirbilek

PEARL LINGUISTICS LTD
2nd Floor, Jordan House
47 Brunswick Place
London, N1 6EB
Tel: 020 7253 7700
Fax: 020 7490 3077
www.pearllinguistics.com

(P.S. - While psting the above, I have come to know that this agency has published this job on Translator's Cafe and it is expected that soon it will be published on Proz.Com as well.)
Collapse

FrenchPhD
FrenchPhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:45
French to English
+ ...
Pearl Linguistics Jan 24, 2017

I promised Ibrahim I'd comment here... Pearl has improved over the last 5 to 7 months, and has been paying my invoices on time, often without being asked. Just wanted to add that as they have therefore improved.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Turkish to Urdu Translation

Translation news in Pakistan

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »