Karen Riggio
Sweden
Local time: 17:22
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
If you need a French-Italian translator I am here Jan 31, 2005

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

This post is not a sentimental pre-christmas thing: I'm an active member of a local animal shelter (http://www.procateuropa.de) and also regularly contribute time and/or money when people are in need. But of course, my resources are limited. I have been racking my brain for some time how my abilities as a translator could help people – kids especially. Tonight, a coverage on TV triggered an idea.

In this report, small kids in a Russian hospital who are treated for cancer showed the reporters what they have been drawing and writing. I bet that kids in similar situations – hungry, alone, ill, whatever – do similar things. Writing poems, letters, stories, drawing pictures. It goes without saying that these writings and drawings will probably be all very special and unique. Making a book out of these works and selling it all over the world could generate a huge amount of money for those kids. And here we translators come in: These works will have to be translated into many languages in order to publish the book in many languages. From Russian into English into German into Chinese into you name it. We should offer to do it for free, of course.

I know: This thing needs to be organized. We need contacts. A publisher. And many more things. But before I go any further, I'd like to know if there are people out there on Proz.com who would like to join me.

So, what do you think?

dalemanga
dalemanga
Polish to English
+ ...
count me in! Jan 31, 2005

English- Polish

James Fite
James Fite  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:22
Russian to English
Count me in... Jan 31, 2005

Russian > English

maca12
maca12  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
How we translators can help children who need help badly Feb 1, 2005

Español - Inglés
Me sentiré honrada en participar como un eslabón más en esta hermosa campaña de solidaridad.

Caroline P.
Caroline P.
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:22
English to French
+ ...
This is a fantastic idea ! I can definitely help with French ! Feb 2, 2005

This is a fantastic idea and I would be very interested in taking part in your project and happy to help with translation from English to French.
I've always been interested in translating for children. I would be glad to talk to you more about it. I live in London but I'm French. I can help you with the organisation in France as well as the UK. Do not hesitate to contact me.
Caroline.

cfestoso
cfestoso
German to Italian
+ ...
i'd like to give a hand! Feb 2, 2005

Count me in! Just read about this topic. Sorry I come after a long organizing discussion.
I'll help in: EN/GE>IT

Chiara

shineda
shineda
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
I can help with this one Feb 4, 2005

I just now came across this forum, but I would like to help with translating/proofreading English and German into Dutch if it is still needed.

Heloísa Ferdinandt
Heloísa Ferdinandt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Brazilian Portuguese translator and proofreader willing to participate Feb 5, 2005

Congratulations on such a fantastic idea.

Maybe I am too late, but I would like to participate with translation/proofreading of texts from English and/or Spanish into Brazilian Portuguese. I am Brazilian but I live in the US.

I probably could help with the organization and contacts in Brazil, too.

Regards,
Heloísa

[Edited at 2005-02-05 08:01]

GyldanEdge
GyldanEdge  Identity Verified

Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes, I am definitely game, and a Publisher!!! Mar 1, 2005

I am a tri-lingual translator (English - Spanish - French) AND a publisher!!! I would love to publish this project and translate / edit / proofread the book into Spanish and / or French. This is a very worthwhile cause. I am currently publishing a children's book of stories in Spanish and English.

[Edited at 2005-03-01 15:27]

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
English or German into Dutch Mar 1, 2005

If you still need someone foor translating / proofreading from English or German into Dutrch, you may contact me. If it's too late now, I'm sorry.

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:22
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
It's never too late! Mar 1, 2005

Volunteers are always welcome.

You can read the updates on Translators4Kids at:
http://www.proz.com/topic/29450

We would be happy if you could download and send the participants' questionnaire mentioned there.

Hope to see you soon.

marketarh
marketarh
German to Czech
+ ...
Portuguese&Czech into German&English Mar 2, 2005

Dear Marion,
I am here for any help from Czech, Slovak or Portuguese into German or English. This is a strange coincidence this link coming in the same moment when reading the last book by Henning Mankell.
Best,
Marketa Russell Holtebrinck

Emilie Laferrière
Emilie Laferrière  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
I want to join in Mar 7, 2005

I can translate from German into French / from English into French (and for children, I think enough Allgemeinbildung stemming from my own reading when I ws young to translate from French into German if needed.
Sorry but I'am lost for Russian

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How we translators can help children who need help badly

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »