Looking for resources for practicing simultaneous translation (specifically enzh)
Thread poster: Chris_A123

Chris_A123
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
May 17

Is there anything out there (apps, websites) where I can drill listening to a sentence and trying to translate it?

I'm envisaging an app which just has a pool of short sentences where you listen, try to translate into the target language, and then see the answer for self-assessment, before moving on to the next one.

Steven Smith
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
Glossika May 20

Glossika should suit your needs. You choose your level, it presents you with sentences one at a time (cycling through a limited set per session) and gives you time to translate before presenting its own translation.

https://ai.glossika.com/

Chris_A123
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Cautiously optimistic May 20

Looks good! Slightly dodgy voice-over and a few grammar errors in the introduction video, but the concept seems exactly right for what I need. I will check it out, many thanks for the recommendation!

Chris_A123
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Disappointed in Glossika May 21

The concept of Glossika is excellent, but I have already noticed so many worrying errors in the translations, and from looking at various reviews and comments it seems I'm not alone. I don't want to invest precious time and money learning content that I can't trust to be accurate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for resources for practicing simultaneous translation (specifically enzh)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search