How can I get an ISO 1700 education certificate?
Thread poster: Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:38
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2019

I need it to apply for an online (EN - GE) translation opportunity.

Lisette Vogler-Chase
Lisette Vogler-Chase  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:38
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
I believe the job poster means ISO 17100:2015 Feb 28, 2019

I may have received the same invitation for a job yesterday, asking for an ISO 1700 certificate. I believe the job poster actually means ISO 17100:2015. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_17100:2015. Just google that and you will find plenty of companies offering certification schemes for that standard. I just sent the job poster my translation diplomas.

Lioba Multer
Lioba Multer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:38
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Education certificate (ISO 1700) Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for the information!

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:38
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
ISO 17100 certification is for companies (LSPs), not for individual translators Mar 1, 2019

Lisette Vogler-Chase wrote:

I may have received the same invitation for a job yesterday, asking for an ISO 1700 certificate. I believe the job poster actually means ISO 17100:2015. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_17100:2015. Just google that and you will find plenty of companies offering certification schemes for that standard. I just sent the job poster my translation diplomas.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a freelancer cannot get certified for ISO 17100. In fact, I have worked several times in the past for companies certified for ISO 17100, and they just asked me if I was in agreement with following the procedures and workflow dictated by it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get an ISO 1700 education certificate?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »