apostille in Ukraine
Thread poster: BML Group (X)
BML Group (X)
BML Group (X)
Local time: 12:48
Mar 4, 2009

Hello,
I'm new in this forum and currently seeking for some information about procedures in Ukraine. Hopefully, someone might help me ...

For a Luxembourg Ministry we need a certified copy of a Ukrainian document. This document shall also be translated by a sworn translator.

Luxembourg requires the apostille for both - the certification of the true copy AND the sworn translation.

Our client (ukrainian lady) tells me that in Ukraine you cannot g
... See more
Hello,
I'm new in this forum and currently seeking for some information about procedures in Ukraine. Hopefully, someone might help me ...

For a Luxembourg Ministry we need a certified copy of a Ukrainian document. This document shall also be translated by a sworn translator.

Luxembourg requires the apostille for both - the certification of the true copy AND the sworn translation.

Our client (ukrainian lady) tells me that in Ukraine you cannot get an apostille on the signature of a sworn translator ...

What is your experience ? Is it possible and if so, which administration or other official place does the apostille for sworn translations ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Heike
Collapse

Alexander Onishko
Alexander Onishko  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Can you please... Mar 4, 2009

1. Can you please explain in more detail what you mean when you say "apostille" ?

2. Who in your opinion shall apply that apostille? What kind of authority?

[Edited at 2009-03-04 10:07 GMT]

BML Group (X)
BML Group (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Hague Apostille Convention Mar 4, 2009

By "apostille" I mean the so-called super-legalisation according to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961

http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=text.display&tid=37

The competent autority varies according to the state and unfortunately I do not have an idea who is doing it in Ukraine. Here in Luxembourg, its the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...

Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:48
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
I may be wrong but... Mar 4, 2009

1. I believe there is NO such qualification as "sworn translator" in Ukraine.

2. The only official way to have the translation "legalized" that is used in Ukraine is notarization.
This means that the translator (who must have a proof of education in translation, most commonly a university diploma) writes a free-form certification notice (e.g., "I, Such-and-such, certify that this translation from English into Swahili is true and correct to the best of my knowledge"), and the n
... See more
1. I believe there is NO such qualification as "sworn translator" in Ukraine.

2. The only official way to have the translation "legalized" that is used in Ukraine is notarization.
This means that the translator (who must have a proof of education in translation, most commonly a university diploma) writes a free-form certification notice (e.g., "I, Such-and-such, certify that this translation from English into Swahili is true and correct to the best of my knowledge"), and the notary certifies that the identity of translator and their diploma have been verified.

3. I have never heard of apostille procedure in Ukraine (although that does not mean that there is no such procedure at all).
Collapse

Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Maybe it will help Mar 4, 2009

As the Ukraine's legal authorities say (a hasty my own translation):

The following authorities are authorised to do the apostille:

- Ukraine Ministry of Justice - for the documents issued by the jusice authorities, courts and prepared by the notaries;

- Ukraine Ministry of Education and Science – for the official documents issue by the educational establishments, state authorities, enterprises, related to education and science;

- Ukraine Mini
... See more
As the Ukraine's legal authorities say (a hasty my own translation):

The following authorities are authorised to do the apostille:

- Ukraine Ministry of Justice - for the documents issued by the jusice authorities, courts and prepared by the notaries;

- Ukraine Ministry of Education and Science – for the official documents issue by the educational establishments, state authorities, enterprises, related to education and science;

- Ukraine Ministry of Foreign Affairs – for the rest of the documents.

Full text (in Ukrainain) is here:
http://www.minjust.gov.ua/0/7743

So it depends much on a document.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hello Heike Mar 4, 2009

You may find all necessary information here

HTH,
Natalia

Roman Bulkiewicz
Roman Bulkiewicz  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
As far as I know... Mar 4, 2009

I agree with Oleg on items 1 and 2.

Oleg Prots wrote:
...and the notary certifies that the identity of translator and their diploma have been verified.

-- and it is this notarization that you can have apostilled.

The office you will need to get an apostiulle is in Kiev, prov. Rylsky, 10, phone +380-044-271-16-01 -- according to http://www.minjust.gov.ua/0/11716

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: User's request - http://www.proz.com/ticket/310325
Apostille and Embassy Legalization Services Jul 28, 2009

Just use apostille pros.

http://www.apostillepros.com/

Ehab Mansour
Ehab Mansour
United States
Local time: 06:48
Apostille Service | FDA Apostille | US Apostille | US Legalization Mar 16, 2014

xxxBML Group wrote:

Hello,

Our client (ukrainian lady) tells me that in Ukraine you cannot get an apostille on the signature of a sworn translator ...

What is your experience ? Is it possible and if so, which administration or other official place does the apostille for sworn translations ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Heike

You can search or follow one of this kind of apostille & legalization Companies :
1. http://www.usapostille.com
2. http://www.uslegalization.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

apostille in Ukraine

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »