Eng-Rus/Rus-Eng
Eng-Rus/Rus-Eng
United States
Local time: 08:37
English to Russian
+ ...
May 1, 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Can someone please share a reliable FREE online resource (if available) for the latest Chicago Manual of Style? I need it for English subtitling (grammar and punctuation). Not so much interested in citations.

The link below provides a path to a paid resource.
http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html

Thank you!!

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
CMOS 17 entails few changes May 1, 2018

Not a hardcopy? If some 30 days would do, then it may seem interesting:
Not a subscriber? Try a free 30-day trial of The Chicago Manual of Style Online or Scientific Style and Format Online.

I know about APA vs. MLA vs. Chicago style, but CMOS 16 and 17 are but variations. Usually it's about Notes-Bibliography and Author-Date Systems, yet you seem not so much interested in citations, therefore I checked http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/help-tools/what-s-new.html and--why all the fuzzbuzz, I wonder?

My clients are satisfied with old AP, so they neither demand to update scientific papers and technical documents according to the new authoritative* guidelines, nor require me to follow the ever updated* style. However, is it you or a supervisor, an editor--or your clients?

Perhaps, it's about time to sync my exp too)

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
16th May 2, 2018

Would a downloadable 16th edition do?

Private link only, for obvious reasons.

Jean

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Chicago Manual of Style

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »