https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_in_canada/306155-recrutement_des_traducteurs_arnaque.html&phpv_redirected=1

Recrutement des traducteurs : arnaque?
Thread poster: Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Local time: 18:07
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
Sep 4, 2016

Bonjour chers collègues,
est-ce que quelqu'un parmi vous a déjà été contacté par cette Association (ACMSI) qui se trouverait à Canada (Gatineau)? Voici leur site : http://association-contre-maltraitance-souffrance-infantiles.org/ Si oui, quelles sont vos impressions? Merci d'avance pour tous vos commentaires!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bonjour, chère collègue Sep 4, 2016

Je ne les connais pas, mais mon expérience est que les associations comme celle-ci sont généralement à la recherche de traducteurs bénévoles…

Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Salarié en télétravail Sep 4, 2016

Oui, ce serait plus compréhensible. Mais qu'est-ce qu'il faut penser s'ils proposent un "poste de traducteur salarié en situation de télétravail" ?

Tara Salman (X)
Tara Salman (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:07
French to English
Not a real organization Sep 4, 2016

If you cannot find it on the CIDREQ search engine, it's probably a scam:

See more
If you cannot find it on the CIDREQ search engine, it's probably a scam:

https://www.registreentreprises.gouv.qc.ca/RQAnonymeGR/GR/GR03/GR03A2_19A_PIU_RechEnt_PC/PageRechSimple.aspx?T1.CodeService=S00436&Clng=F&WT.co_f=2cda08a593a5eff76fb1473018704512

It's a scam because I could not find it on CIDREQ. And the website is not very professional.

[Edited at 2016-09-04 20:56 GMT]
Collapse

Tara Salman (X)
Tara Salman (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:07
French to English
report them Sep 4, 2016

I would report this organization to Internet authorities:

The organization lists its tax number as:
107600132 RA0007

I cannot find this number on CIDREQ, so:

Contact the RCMP about them:

Ask the solicitor for the registered charitable tax number of the charity. Question any discrepancies. Confirm the charity’s registration information through the Canada Revenue Agency (1-800-267-2384).

To file a police complaint, contact yo
... See more
I would report this organization to Internet authorities:

The organization lists its tax number as:
107600132 RA0007

I cannot find this number on CIDREQ, so:

Contact the RCMP about them:

Ask the solicitor for the registered charitable tax number of the charity. Question any discrepancies. Confirm the charity’s registration information through the Canada Revenue Agency (1-800-267-2384).

To file a police complaint, contact your local police force. To ensure that your complaint information is shared with other law enforcement agencies, also file a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre by calling 1-888-495-8501.

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/
Collapse

Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful Sep 5, 2016

Thank you very much, Tara! It's very helpful information. I will try to report them. Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recrutement des traducteurs : arnaque?

Translation news in Canada

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »