Est-il nécessaire d'enregistrer son entreprise en Ontario?
Thread poster: Sue Garzon
Sue Garzon
Sue Garzon
Canada
Local time: 15:35
English to French
+ ...
Jan 8, 2015

Bonjour,

J'ai fait mes études en traduction à Québec où je travaillais à mon compte. Je viens de déménager à Toronto et je voudrais créer ma propre entreprise. Je suis en train de créer mon site Web, mais je ne sais pas trop si j'ai le droit de nommer mon entreprise avec un nom différent de mon nom propre (ex: Traductions 123).

Je sais que si je perçois moins de 30000 $ je ne suis pas obligée de m'enregistrer, mais ma question concerne plutôt au nom de mo
... See more
Bonjour,

J'ai fait mes études en traduction à Québec où je travaillais à mon compte. Je viens de déménager à Toronto et je voudrais créer ma propre entreprise. Je suis en train de créer mon site Web, mais je ne sais pas trop si j'ai le droit de nommer mon entreprise avec un nom différent de mon nom propre (ex: Traductions 123).

Je sais que si je perçois moins de 30000 $ je ne suis pas obligée de m'enregistrer, mais ma question concerne plutôt au nom de mon entreprise. Puis-je crééer mon site, le publier et offrir mes services sans devoir m'enregistrer?

J'ai déjà cherché sur les différents site du gouvernement et sur les forum, mais je ne trouve pas de réponse à ma question.

Merci beaucoup de m'orienter!
Collapse

Tom Ellett (X)
Tom Ellett (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:35
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Yes, if you have a business name Jan 9, 2015

My French is not great, but if I have understood your post correctly, you should find the answers to your questions on the following Ontario government website:

See more
My French is not great, but if I have understood your post correctly, you should find the answers to your questions on the following Ontario government website:

https://www.appmybizaccount.gov.on.ca/sodp/portal/osb/!ut/p/b0/PY5NC8IwDIZ_i4ddm529qXgY-IVMdLtIOmINtmlpO3-_dUMPgTxvHpJADzfoBd9sMLMXtIW7gIYsy2vpk1bBx4xWhVFbHpR4UbOuLansAw9whR56i2KgI5mq8Omy3jWb--Z4aLe3FrqqdhpJjOX0rGovlPwYB6rqaUeq6pSxHNJj4jIrfCbDKVNkMbj-p-3X_uEBHc1anL5v5OGjm1oIzp32q8XiAwPMwTc!/

Under the Ontario Business Names Act, sole proprietorships carrying on business under a name other than the individual’s full name are required to register a business name.

Good luck!
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Polish to English
+ ...
HST registration Jan 9, 2015

Regardless the business name registration you may need to register as an HST payer. You may never register your name if you operate under your first and last name, but eventually you may be required to start paying HST.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/gst-tps/rgstrng/menu-eng.html

Sue Garzon
Sue Garzon
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 10, 2015

That is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks Ewa and Tom!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Est-il nécessaire d'enregistrer son entreprise en Ontario?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »