https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_in_canada/210419-literary_translation_to_english_for_a_publisher_in_canada.html&phpv_redirected=1

Literary translation to English for a publisher in Canada
Thread poster: KatKoz
KatKoz
KatKoz
Local time: 01:07
Croatian to English
Oct 22, 2011

Hello!
I found this forum while searching the web for information about translation rates in Canada. As a native English speaker living in Croatia, up till now I have translated for local publishers, web sites and individuals in Croatia. However, it seems a publisher in Canada is now interested in one of the books I am translating to English, so I need advice - what to expect from the publisher, what are the average rates and royalties for publication of translations in Canada, and how to
... See more
Hello!
I found this forum while searching the web for information about translation rates in Canada. As a native English speaker living in Croatia, up till now I have translated for local publishers, web sites and individuals in Croatia. However, it seems a publisher in Canada is now interested in one of the books I am translating to English, so I need advice - what to expect from the publisher, what are the average rates and royalties for publication of translations in Canada, and how to go about doing business since I am situated in Croatia. This is all pretty new to me, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

[Edited at 2011-10-24 05:56 GMT]
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 17:07
Dutch to English
+ ...
Find an agent Oct 24, 2011

Rather than going it alone, I would suggest you find an agent to help you with this. See for example, http://www.publishers.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=84 and others on the www.

KatKoz
KatKoz
Local time: 01:07
Croatian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Agencies in Canada Nov 27, 2011

Thank you, Tina. I'll look into the link.

[Edited at 2011-11-27 13:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literary translation to English for a publisher in Canada

Translation news in Canada

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »