Literary translation to English for a publisher in Canada
Thread poster: KatKoz
KatKoz
KatKoz
Local time: 21:17
Croatian to English
Oct 22, 2011

Hello!
I found this forum while searching the web for information about translation rates in Canada. As a native English speaker living in Croatia, up till now I have translated for local publishers, web sites and individuals in Croatia. However, it seems a publisher in Canada is now interested in one of the books I am translating to English, so I need advice - what to expect from the publisher, what are the average rates and royalties for publication of translations in Canada, and how to
... See more
Hello!
I found this forum while searching the web for information about translation rates in Canada. As a native English speaker living in Croatia, up till now I have translated for local publishers, web sites and individuals in Croatia. However, it seems a publisher in Canada is now interested in one of the books I am translating to English, so I need advice - what to expect from the publisher, what are the average rates and royalties for publication of translations in Canada, and how to go about doing business since I am situated in Croatia. This is all pretty new to me, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

[Edited at 2011-10-24 05:56 GMT]
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 13:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
Find an agent Oct 24, 2011

Rather than going it alone, I would suggest you find an agent to help you with this. See for example, http://www.publishers.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=84 and others on the www.

KatKoz
KatKoz
Local time: 21:17
Croatian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Agencies in Canada Nov 27, 2011

Thank you, Tina. I'll look into the link.

[Edited at 2011-11-27 13:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literary translation to English for a publisher in Canada

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »