Thread poster: yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:04
French to Russian
+ ...
Nov 22, 2009

Je viens de lancer le même sujet dans le forum russe. Je suis curieuse de comparer les prix.
Mes collègues disent que c'est environ 0,007 USD (oui, le nombre de zéros est correct).

Où en est-on au Canada pour anglais français?
Pour anglais/français -> d'autres langues?

merci

Chris Lovelace
Chris Lovelace  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:04
Russian to English
+ ...
0.7 cents per word?! Well, the Russians are right. Nov 22, 2009

Wow! I'm shocked at this rate of remuneration, and then (sadly) not so very surprised.

That said, I've been able to still get literary translation jobs for 0.08 USD per word from Russian to English from Kazakhstan (before RK taxes, which are a mandatory 20% regardless of country of residence).

The best offer I've gotten lately from British companies is 0.04 USD per word.

But this is still a full order of magnitude greater than the rate you indicate.
... See more
Wow! I'm shocked at this rate of remuneration, and then (sadly) not so very surprised.

That said, I've been able to still get literary translation jobs for 0.08 USD per word from Russian to English from Kazakhstan (before RK taxes, which are a mandatory 20% regardless of country of residence).

The best offer I've gotten lately from British companies is 0.04 USD per word.

But this is still a full order of magnitude greater than the rate you indicate.

Like you, I read the post in the Russian forum, and the situation there is just as they describe it. All the rates as they describe them are accurate, and mathch the ridiculous offers I'm getting from Russian companies who have no respect for the craft of literary translation.
Collapse

yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:04
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
/// Nov 22, 2009

Je me permets de rappeler qu'il s'agit des traductions _littéraires_.
Je ne suis pas sûre que ce vous écrivez concerne ce type de traduction...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Traduction littéraire

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »