Sanja Gjurova
Sanja Gjurova
Australia
Local time: 19:57
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Jun 16, 2015

Hello,

I have recently been accredited by NAATI and I am about to do my first certified translation of a document, but I am unsure as to how to do it.

What do you write next to the stamp? Do you put the stamp on every page?

In Macedonia, where I am from, we had some basic guidelines on how to certify translations. What text to write next to the stamp, and how to certify documents with multiple pages.

Are there any guidelines for this in Austra
... See more
Hello,

I have recently been accredited by NAATI and I am about to do my first certified translation of a document, but I am unsure as to how to do it.

What do you write next to the stamp? Do you put the stamp on every page?

In Macedonia, where I am from, we had some basic guidelines on how to certify translations. What text to write next to the stamp, and how to certify documents with multiple pages.

Are there any guidelines for this in Australia?

Please, I need some help with this.

Thank you,

Regards
Collapse

Patricia Will
Patricia Will  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:57
Member (2004)
German to English
How to certify a document Jun 16, 2015

Hi, AUSIT has published guidelines about how to certify documents etc. Follow this link and download the PDF:

http://www.ausit.org/AUSIT/Publications/AUSIT/Publications/Publications.aspx

Hope this helps
Patricia

Sanja Gjurova
Sanja Gjurova
Australia
Local time: 19:57
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 16, 2015

Many thanks Patricia!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Best,

Sanja

GP Translations
GP Translations  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
How to certify for UK? Sep 7, 2015

Hi,

I have the DipTrans and am a member of the CIOL, and I was wondering how I should certify translations for UK agencies. It's for UK Visas and immigration. It would be bank statements and payslips. Should I put something on each page? A statement? My signature? The CIOL logo. Should I invest in a "certified" stamp that I've seen "certified translation agencies" provide?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Patricia Will
Patricia Will  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:57
Member (2004)
German to English
How to certify for UK Sep 7, 2015

Hi this forum is about translation in Australia so I am not sure anyone here will be able to help you. You need to ask colleagues from the UK, other members of the CIOL would surely know this.
Regards
Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to certify a document?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »