https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_agencies/158842-questions_on_starting_an_agency-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Only Corporate members may post in this forum

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Questions on starting an agency
Thread poster: MurphC
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:07
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Illegal advertising Feb 28, 2016

loveskysky wrote:
Because of leaving translation business, we would like to sell fresh updated lists of millions of translation companies ( valid ) all over the world with such info

This posting violates rule 3 of Proz.com: "Advertisements are prohibited. Paid advertising is available from ProZ.com in designated areas of the site. Unauthorized solicitation, sent via the forums, profile messages or elsewhere, is not allowed. Discussion of sites offering competing services is also prohibited, due to past abuse."

Attention of Proz.com's moderators has been called upon this posting.

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:07
English to German
I thought ... Feb 28, 2016

speaking from my limited experience as a translator since I have only been in this game for a couple of years, but I thought that an agency should offer some kind of added value, for larger clients who deal with multilingual projects, clients who want their website translated without the technical understanding of how to go about that, proofreading etc., otherwise I think any client would be better advised to come here and find a translator directly.

I thought in order to be able to
... See more
speaking from my limited experience as a translator since I have only been in this game for a couple of years, but I thought that an agency should offer some kind of added value, for larger clients who deal with multilingual projects, clients who want their website translated without the technical understanding of how to go about that, proofreading etc., otherwise I think any client would be better advised to come here and find a translator directly.

I thought in order to be able to offer that added value and/or that USP as a translation agency, you will need some knowledge and experience at a certain aspect of translation or business and I agree that you should test the water and see what it is you are good at and what you enjoy doing before deciding on a specific business venture right out of school without experience.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions on starting an agency

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »