Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:03
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2017

I just received the above email from TM-Town. It uses the words "deactivated" and "cancelled". What it doesn't say is what will then happen in the future to this cancelled account.

I never asked for a TM-Town account, in fact I was incensed to see that I'd had one set up in my name without my permission and linked to my ProZ.com profile, back in the early days. This was subsequently removed. Then when I bought a ProZ.com "Plus" account, a TM-Town account in my name reappeared (or so
... See more
I just received the above email from TM-Town. It uses the words "deactivated" and "cancelled". What it doesn't say is what will then happen in the future to this cancelled account.

I never asked for a TM-Town account, in fact I was incensed to see that I'd had one set up in my name without my permission and linked to my ProZ.com profile, back in the early days. This was subsequently removed. Then when I bought a ProZ.com "Plus" account, a TM-Town account in my name reappeared (or so the emails say - I haven't been there to check). This time, it's a full professional account that you'd normally have to pay for.

Now, I don't want to make use of this account at the moment, maybe not ever, but I've paid for it through my ProZ.com Plus membership. So, my question is: What will happen tomorrow if I do nothing today? Will I lose the right to a "free" account in the future, should I reconsider?
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
First off Jan 24, 2017

Is it a legitimate email for sure?

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Definitely legitimate Jan 24, 2017

Lincoln Hui wrote:
Is it a legitimate email for sure?

It's the last in a string of them asking me to activate my account and extolling the virtues of TM-Town.

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 01:03
Plus subscribers can join at any time Jan 24, 2017

Hi Sheila,

As long as your Plus subscription is active you can use the "Sign in ProZ.com" button on the TM-Town registration page and a TM-Town Professional account will be created for you.

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clear response, as usual Jan 24, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:
As long as your Plus subscription is active you can use the "Sign in ProZ.com" button on the TM-Town registration page and a TM-Town Professional account will be created for you.

Thanks Kevin. That's made it perfectly clear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Your TM-Town Account Will Be Deactivated Tomorrow Unless You Sign In Now"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »