Help localize TM-Town
Thread poster: ..... (X)
..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 15:57
May 18, 2016

We are currently offering upgrades and membership extensions on TM-Town for any translators that can help us to localize the site. To start with, we will be localizing TM-Town into the following languages:
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Dutch (nl)
- Polish (pl)
- Portuguese (pt-br)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (zh-cn)

If you are a TM-
... See more
We are currently offering upgrades and membership extensions on TM-Town for any translators that can help us to localize the site. To start with, we will be localizing TM-Town into the following languages:
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Dutch (nl)
- Polish (pl)
- Portuguese (pt-br)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (zh-cn)

If you are a TM-Town member and would like to help please visit this page for more details and links to get started. You can also find the same links on your TM-Town dashboard.

We’ve tried to keep the process simple. You will earn 3 points per translated word, and 1 point per proofread word. You can upgrade to or extend a Starter membership for a year with 1,440 points or upgrade to or extend a Professional membership for 4,320 points.

Thank you, we appreciate your help to make TM-Town available to the rest of the world.
Collapse

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
German to English
+ ...
Localize means... May 19, 2016

Does localize mean "translate"?

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Just curious May 19, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Dutch (nl)
- Polish (pl)
- Portuguese (pt-br)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (zh-cn)

If you are a TM-Town member and would like to help please visit this page for more details and links to get started. You can also find the same links on your TM-Town dashboard.

We’ve tried to keep the process simple. You will earn 3 points per translated word, and 1 point per proofread word. You can upgrade to or extend a Starter membership for a year with 1,440 points or upgrade to or extend a Professional membership for 4,320 points.

Thank you, we appreciate your help to make TM-Town available to the rest of the world.

How many words/points (= total wordcount) are we talking about? (not to mention tools, deadline, etc). Can't find that information anywhere.

[Edited at 2016-05-19 08:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-05-19 08:13 GMT]

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
@Robert May 19, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
How many words/points (= total wordcount) are we talking about? (not to mention tools, deadline, etc). Can't find that information anywhere.

To start with we are only localizing the pages that receive the most traffic. As it stands now there are 11,891 words.

The translation itself can be done on TM-Town by logging in to your account. There is no deadline per se. Once a language is finished we will work on QA and then release it (and open source any resulting TMs/glossaries for translators to download if they so choose).

To give you a feel of current completion, since we sent out the email this morning:
German: 13% complete
Spanish: 76% complete
French: 58% complete
Italian: 24% complete
Japanese: 1% complete
Dutch: 14% complete
Polish: 18% complete
Portuguese: 42% complete
Russian: 27% complete
Chinese: 1% complete

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Info May 19, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

Once a language is finished we will work on QA and then release it (and open source any resulting TMs/glossaries for translators to download if they so choose).

Hello, I'm translating-localizing a bit in Spanish and I'm wondering if this work will appear as a translator's own asset in terms of search by customers.

Thanks.

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
@Susana May 19, 2016

Thanks for your help.

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:
Hello, I'm translating-localizing a bit in Spanish and I'm wondering if this work will appear as a translator's own asset in terms of search by customers.

Immediately/instantly no; however, once a language is finished/finalized as part of that process it will be added to your account so that you will be discoverable in Nakōdo based on what you have translated.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TY May 19, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

Immediately/instantly no; however, once a language is finished/finalized as part of that process it will be added to your account so that you will be discoverable in Nakōdo based on what you have translated.

Thanks, good to know...

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
If I understand correctly.... May 19, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Dutch (nl)
- Polish (pl)
- Portuguese (pt-br)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (zh-cn)

If I translate 1440 words, I get an upgrade to a Professional membership? There is no real deadline, so I can do the translation "in between jobs" and deliver "when I want"?

About the upgrade, I can choose the moment, or is it directly without me who can decide when?

Please let me know.

Rob

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
@Robert May 19, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
If I translate 1440 words, I get an upgrade to a Professional membership? There is no real deadline, so I can do the translation "in between jobs" and deliver "when I want"?

Correct.

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
About the upgrade, I can choose the moment, or is it directly without me who can decide when?

You can choose. We will manually process the upgrade after we receive your redemption offer (there will be a button that appears to redeem the membership offer after you reach the specified number of points). If you decide to translate more after you have redeemed the offer, that is fine too. We can adjust your membership to reflect that, just click the redeem button again when you are finished translating/proofreading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help localize TM-Town

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »