Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Aug 11, 2015

Has the Ministry of Labor decided to start relying on Google Translate, or is this the serious work of a translator? Neither would surprise me, it's certainly one of the worst official translations I've ever seen!!!

(http://www.mol.go.th/en/content/page/6347)

Not alien to the professional set of career. Professional and not an alien to do.

... See more
Has the Ministry of Labor decided to start relying on Google Translate, or is this the serious work of a translator? Neither would surprise me, it's certainly one of the worst official translations I've ever seen!!!

(http://www.mol.go.th/en/content/page/6347)

Not alien to the professional set of career. Professional and not an alien to do.

Account end decree.
Set in professional video and tea alien life that do not.

1. The proletariat.

2. Farmers gas party animals of the forest or fishery, except that the use of specialized expertise or the control of farms.
3. The masonry construction or other carpentry work.
4. Carved wood.
5. The driving vehicle. The driver or vehicle that does not use machinery or mechanical. Exception of the pilot countries.
6. The sale of every page.
7. The auction.
8. Monitoring or control services unless account the interim audit.
9. The cut or polished diamonds or pebble.
10. The haircut or the curl of beauty.
11. Work hand-weaving.
12. Of woven mats or work appliances with rattan reed or straw, hemp bamboo pulp.
13. Paper hand job.
14. Lacquer work.
15. Thai musical work.
16. Job filling machine.
17. Work a gold or silver otter.
18. Lghin a job.
19. Job Thai dolls.
20. Berth blanket mitt work.
21. The card.
22. The products made from silk hand.
23. Job Buddha.
24. Work knife.
25. Indoor work with paper or cloth.
26. Work shoes.
27. Work hat.
28. The broker or the agent unless the agent or broker in the business of international trade.
29. Work in the engineering profession. Civil Engineering. Associated with the design calculations and organize research project construction control testing. Or advice. Excluding the special expertise required.
30. Job-related professional architectural design drawings about price director of construction or advice.
31. Crafts apparel.
32. The sculpture or pottery making.
33. The roll by hand.
34. The guide. Or the organized tour.
35. Hawk the product.
36. Work individually hand-printed Thai characters.
37. The young, and some hand-twisting spiral.
38. The clerk or secretarial staff.
39. Work for legal services or legal action.
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:08
English to Thai
+ ...
Specific Thai problem Aug 11, 2015

DJHartmann wrote:

Thailand has handicapped expression into foreign languages. Both the government and the professional translation association are far behind up to the global recognition of seriousness of language translation. As a senior translator, I personally moved to assist the association but a number of hindrances remain. The association always ignores my cordial requests.

Soonthon L.

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
My experience has been less than favourable. Aug 11, 2015

It is difficult, to say the least, working with official Thai organisations and I applaud your personal involvement with the MOL.

ASEAN implementation might help this issue? It should nonetheless highlight the issue

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:08
English to Thai
+ ...
Machine translation approach Aug 11, 2015

DJHartmann wrote:

It is difficult, to say the least, working with official Thai organisations and I applaud your personal involvement with the MOL.
ASEAN implementation might help this issue? It should nonetheless highlight the issue

I recently spent much time on machine translation approach since ASEAN Economic Community scheme and globalization demand more involvement of Thai English language-pair translation and interpretation careers. TM is an economic way to overcome the handicap. But the professional translation association is against my personal contribution. They say they want to strongly protect human translators etc.

I can easily prove how to use Google Translate to convert English Thai texts very accurately and efficiently since I continuously listen to and enjoy a series of state-of-art lectures of Google algorithm (e.g. via YouTube video).

Soonthon L.

[Edited at 2015-08-11 01:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Career aliens do not

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »