Víctor Zamorano
Víctor Zamorano  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:00
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Nov 14, 2017

Wow, a lot of replies! It would be impossible to answer all of them, but I found some very insightful, Sheila's especially, and also Lidia's. Well, generally speaking, even if I was trained as a teacher (in a six months not very reliable Spanish program called CAP, probably some of you know what I'm talking about), I just can't "split" properly those both abilities, teaching and translating; I feel interferences between. I'll keep trying to solve this.

PS: Sorry for my late answer,
... See more
Wow, a lot of replies! It would be impossible to answer all of them, but I found some very insightful, Sheila's especially, and also Lidia's. Well, generally speaking, even if I was trained as a teacher (in a six months not very reliable Spanish program called CAP, probably some of you know what I'm talking about), I just can't "split" properly those both abilities, teaching and translating; I feel interferences between. I'll keep trying to solve this.

PS: Sorry for my late answer, I was coughing and sneezing...
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:00
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Are engineers, lawyers, doctors, accountants, or architects good teachers? Nov 14, 2017

The fact the question was even asked is just beyond me.

I have been a good singer, which has made it hard for me to speak. I had to struggle to separate my ability to talk from my ability to sing.

Don't you feel it weird for me to make the above statement?

[Edited at 2017-11-14 16:33 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are translators good teachers?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »