Thread poster: Carolingua
Carolingua
Carolingua  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2014

I am moving to northern California next month and need help figuring out how to locate an in-home Spanish tutor for my 7-year old daughter who will be starting second grade. Where we currently live, she was in a Spanish immersion school for the past two years (kindergarten and first grade), and is now fluent in Spanish, but unfortunately there are no Spanish immersion schools where we are moving to (Marin county, just north of San Francisco). I am hoping to find a tutor to come to our home so ... See more
I am moving to northern California next month and need help figuring out how to locate an in-home Spanish tutor for my 7-year old daughter who will be starting second grade. Where we currently live, she was in a Spanish immersion school for the past two years (kindergarten and first grade), and is now fluent in Spanish, but unfortunately there are no Spanish immersion schools where we are moving to (Marin county, just north of San Francisco). I am hoping to find a tutor to come to our home so that she can continue her study of Spanish and not lose what she has learned so far. Since my daughter is already fluent, I am hoping for someone who can do more than just teach Spanish (ie. teach other subjects *in* Spanish, which is what they were doing in the immersion school). I'm just not sure where to start looking. Is there a professional site like ProZ but geared to language educators? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?Collapse

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:56
English to Spanish
Spanish tutor Jul 9, 2014

Why don't you wait until you have actually moved there?

Once you have moved you can start looking. For instance, you might hire a native Spanish speaking adolescent who can take care of your daughter, read her stories in Spanish, watch Spanish TV programs for children with her, converse with her in Spanish about everyday things, cook for her "in Spanish" (names of kitchenware, ingredients, dishes), etc.

Regarding finding a a professional Spanish tutor, I am sure you wil
... See more
Why don't you wait until you have actually moved there?

Once you have moved you can start looking. For instance, you might hire a native Spanish speaking adolescent who can take care of your daughter, read her stories in Spanish, watch Spanish TV programs for children with her, converse with her in Spanish about everyday things, cook for her "in Spanish" (names of kitchenware, ingredients, dishes), etc.

Regarding finding a a professional Spanish tutor, I am sure you will be able to find one once you are there, because you wil meet people who you can ask, you can also put an add in a local newspaper, etc.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2014-07-09 15:44 GMT]
Collapse

annavv
annavv
Russian Federation
re:Spanish tutors in northern California Sep 25, 2014

hello,
if you want spanish tutors in north california, i think its very difficult to get one. But you will get online help. there are so many online schools. go to this link and find online schools http://www.onlineschool.com/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Looking for Spanish tutors in northern California

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »