Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
India
Local time: 23:29
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2014

Hi,
I'm teaching Translation Theory and Practice to the university students. In order to support the application of theory to practice, we often craft a set of key ideas or process steps. One of such step is back translation. I want to provide my students some bilingual articles on any General topics which they will use in class to translate in either French or English. Later I will ask them to compare it with the translated text and see if their translation is better or worse.
C
... See more
Hi,
I'm teaching Translation Theory and Practice to the university students. In order to support the application of theory to practice, we often craft a set of key ideas or process steps. One of such step is back translation. I want to provide my students some bilingual articles on any General topics which they will use in class to translate in either French or English. Later I will ask them to compare it with the translated text and see if their translation is better or worse.
Can you please give me some websites where I can find bilingual articles in French- English?

Thanks
Collapse

Pablo Bianculli (X)
Pablo Bianculli (X)
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Le Monde Diplomatique Apr 9, 2014

Hi Captain,

Maybe you could check out the website(s) of the Le Monde Diplomatique.

In English here:
http://mondediplo.com/

French version:
monde-diplomatique.fr

You should (pay to) register, but you can do some reading for free too. If the author of an article has a French name in the English website, look for for the original text in the French websi
... See more
Hi Captain,

Maybe you could check out the website(s) of the Le Monde Diplomatique.

In English here:
http://mondediplo.com/

French version:
monde-diplomatique.fr

You should (pay to) register, but you can do some reading for free too. If the author of an article has a French name in the English website, look for for the original text in the French website, and viceversa.

I think it is more common to have articles translated from French to English, but I am no 100% sure.

Regards.
Collapse

Sheri P
Sheri P  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:59
French to English
+ ...
Try the website of the United Nations Apr 10, 2014

The English and French versions of the UN website contain many of the same articles.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
two options Apr 10, 2014

It shouldn't be hard to find a Canadian newspaper that publishes its articles online in both languages.
Alternatively, you can pick a paragraph or two out of literary works at farkastranslations.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English French Bilingual Articles

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »