Participation in the translation contests?
Thread poster: Hannah Gunasingh
Hannah Gunasingh
Hannah Gunasingh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:54
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
May 23, 2007

Did any of you participate in the translation contests?

That must be fun. I hope to take part in it next time.

Hannah

Kaliamma Ponnan
Kaliamma Ponnan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 21:24
English to Tamil
+ ...
I did May 24, 2007

I did take part in the contest. Mine was the only entry for Tamil. I wish more translators had taken part in this.

When the first competition was announced, I noticed that Tamil Language was not included and wrote to the organizers about that. So the second time when it was included, I felt that I must do it. I had a tight schedule at that time but managed to complete my entry on time (about an hour or so before dateline).

I hope there will be more such contests in th
... See more
I did take part in the contest. Mine was the only entry for Tamil. I wish more translators had taken part in this.

When the first competition was announced, I noticed that Tamil Language was not included and wrote to the organizers about that. So the second time when it was included, I felt that I must do it. I had a tight schedule at that time but managed to complete my entry on time (about an hour or so before dateline).

I hope there will be more such contests in the future and I also hope to see more participation from our group. Hope you could take part the next time.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Participation in the translation contests?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »