Off topic: Conversion issue
Thread poster: CaroleTrad
May 1, 2011

Hello,

I've a problem when converting my XLIFF file to original file.
The following message appears:

"(Fatal error) 2:86231 the element type "text:span" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "

I've checked (twice) each segment and I've also made a tag analysis and nothing appears.
Yet, this error message still appears when I want to convert my document back to the original .odt.

Does anyone know what can I do?

I ha
... See more
Hello,

"(Fatal error) 2:86231 the element type "text:span" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "

I've checked (twice) each segment and I've also made a tag analysis and nothing appears.
Yet, this error message still appears when I want to convert my document back to the original .odt.

I have to hand back this document to a client as soon as tuesday. Thank you for your help.

Carole
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Try Maxprograms technical support May 2, 2011

CaroleTrad wrote:

Hello,

I have to hand back this document to a client as soon as tuesday. Thank you for your help.

Carole

Send the original, plus the XLIFF file, and the skeleton file if it is not embedded in the xlf file to [email protected] . They should be able to help.
Hope this helps,
Piotr

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:11
English to Spanish
Segments with tags merged or split May 2, 2011

Hi,

That kind of error usually happens when you merge or split segments with tags despite the warning.

Convert the source file to XLIFF again and re-translate using your TM database. Translate the segments that don't have matches and finally convert back to original format.

If you still have problems, send the source file & translated XLIFF to [email protected]

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion issue

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »